Kendo vs Brahma Thoughts?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
GNA

Kendo vs Brahma Thoughts?

Post by GNA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 am

Putting together new set up. Have Crispi WC on there way. Planning of getting Outlaws for bindings. Looking for opinions on Volk Kendo vs Brahama? This would be for primary skiing in the midwest (WI/MI) on thin hardback and boilerplate. Last setup was Crispi CX R, Hammerheads and Liberty Morphic 170cm. Good set up but I could over power it and had to keep knee low to hold edge. Trying to also achieve more erect stance with new set up to be kinder to old knees. Don't know if it helps 6', 200 lbs. Thoughts?

Thanks,

GNA

Digger

Re: Kendo vs Brahma Thoughts?

Post by Digger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm another midwest tele skier. lift served is mostly Prophets/Voodoos with Free Rides or Outlaws these days but my days go back to leathers and 3 pins with all kinds of boot/binding combinations. I think you are kind of splitting hairs here. Both are fun carvers and the tip and tail rocker give the options that the turn allows. Volkls have tended to be a little stiffer to me for soft snow. I'm 6'1" 200+.

I personally like the no metal Blizzards. For example, Regulator or Peacemaker over the Bonafide or Cochise. That being said I would not snub the Brahma.

How's that for an unhelpful comment? :D

anemic

Post by anemic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am

The 184cm Kendos from last season are working great for me in MI on ice and the slightly softer versions of same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call it Nordic Freeride

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Try the Carbon Brahma...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

ASI828277

Post by ASI828277 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:13 am

GNA wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 am
Putting together new set up. Have Crispi WC on there way. Planning of getting Outlaws for bindings. Looking for opinions on Volk Kendo vs Brahama? This would be for primary skiing in the midwest (WI/MI) on thin hardback and boilerplate. Last setup was Crispi CX R, Hammerheads and Liberty Morphic 170cm. Good set up but I could over power it and had to keep knee low to hold edge. Trying to also achieve more erect stance with new set up to be kinder to old knees. Don't know if it helps 6', 200 lbs. Thoughts?

Thanks,

GNA
Great

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:40 pm

anemic wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am
The 184cm Kendos from last season are working great for me in MI on ice and the slightly softer versions of same

That’s funny, and true if you’re still skiing where I used to see you ski.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willco99

Post by willco99 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:01 pm

+1 for Kendos

This is the exact setup I've been skiing for a few years now. Crispi WC, OutlawX and first the Kendo 90 and now the Kendo 88.

Totally love it for all east conditions. Drives carving turns and handles chop and off-piste well. You can't go wrong wron with is as a East coast daily driver.

I ski a Laser AX for truly firm/icy groomer mornings since I like a bit more of a charging ski on those days.

Good luck