Olympic Snowboarding

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

Re: Olympic Snowboarding

Post by Harris » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 pm

anemic wrote: If you have ever seen a full scale superpipe or been in one, they are extremely intimidating (from my view). Those guys flying 17 feet off the lip repeatedly is insane. I'm glad we get to see it. Mad skills.
Mad, mad skills fo sure.

Harris

Post by Harris » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm

anemic wrote: Where in the heck are all the ski fans? The mens dh is the marquee Olympic event and I think we had more ski fans at the kids Alpine regionals Monday in Michigan.
During the Men's combined they were saying that the Olympic committee is talking about dropping it. Combined is the very first Alpine skiing event ever to be in the Olympics. I don't get it. Skiing to me IS the Winter Olympics. That and the bobsled, luge and skeleton. But we now get Curling? Whoo Hoo!!! Now there's a sport. WTF.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Harris wrote:
lowangle al wrote:
anemic wrote:

Where in the heck are all the ski fans? The mens dh is the marquee Olympic event and I think we had more ski fans at the kids Alpine regionals Monday in Michigan.
They were probably at women figure skating. Where else can you get to see a double flying camel toe :D ?
Or the men's, checking out the Boy Tonto triple Axel moose knuckle.
Wow, I didn't know they still had mens skating, thanks for the warning ;).

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 pm

lowangle al wrote:
anemic wrote:

Where in the heck are all the ski fans? The mens dh is the marquee Olympic event and I think we had more ski fans at the kids Alpine regionals Monday in Michigan.
They were probably at women figure skating. Where else can you get to see a double flying camel toe :D ?
oh dear. :lol: :lol: I noticed the same thing about the men's DH and the empty stands, what a shame, that is absolutely the premier event of the Olympics for me.

thankfully they're showing a lot of alpine skiing, the rest is all skating and fluff this year. In Sochi I remember there were 4 channels on cable TV of full event coverage all day. Maybe it's still on Directv? Comcast has nothing extra.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)