SNOW!!!! whatcha got? (Redux w/ pic)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
satsuma

Re: SNOW!!!! whatcha got? (Redux w/ pic)

Post by satsuma » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm

10 inches at Bluewood (4500 ft). Thursday night. 16 inches Saturday night.
None in Walla Walla itself. Looks like the snow level is about 2000 ft. here.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 pm

lowangle al wrote:IMG_0227.JPG

Sometimes the price isn't so small.
I was just out shoveling a couple of drives with my son and the kid across the street. They were grumbling about shoveling and not having snow blowers. I showed your photo, and told them you shoveled. When Nick figured out the photo was from Telemark Talk he started with "Oh great the guys that don't buy lift tickets". I told him lots of the guys buy lift tickets. Just to mess with him, I told him you were a concrete guy. He just rolled his eyes, he said that there is no hope for a concrete guy that skis uphill to ski downhill. He thinks there was something wrong with the water when we grew up.

Harris

Post by Harris » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 pm

1EyedJack wrote:My backyard finally got a gift from the snow gods.... and more on the way

PNW snowpack has been suffering, but getting some action lately.
1 foot of fluffy goodness from last night, and i was the only one out there.

what you see here is "outside the wire". sorry.
lots of great xcd+, and not bad views.

[oh yahh, Crater Lake NP, Oregon] and in summer, you can swim in the lake (-:
Looking good! Heard Oregon has been suffering a bit this year. Up here WA it has been strangely good considering the ills just south. And it has been a most bountiful Feb. Had vacation that turned into a stay-vacation (just to love on some of that good snow).

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 pm

fisheater wrote:
lowangle al wrote:IMG_0227.JPG

Sometimes the price isn't so small.
I was just out shoveling a couple of drives with my son and the kid across the street. They were grumbling about shoveling and not having snow blowers. I showed your photo, and told them you shoveled. When Nick figured out the photo was from Telemark Talk he started with "Oh great the guys that don't buy lift tickets". I told him lots of the guys buy lift tickets. Just to mess with him, I told him you were a concrete guy. He just rolled his eyes, he said that there is no hope for a concrete guy that skis uphill to ski downhill. He thinks there was something wrong with the water when we grew up.
That picture is from a few years ago but i was out there for almost three hours on Tuesday and then I got almost 1000 feet in another three hours. I took yesterday off and went out today for almost four hours but was moving kind of slow. I don't think I had recovered yet plus the long johns were a big mistake.