Interview with a monster (external article)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
HBS

Interview with a monster (external article)

Post by HBS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 am

Thought you guys would really enjoy this epic tele-trip: https://mountainwagon.com/the-blog/inte ... -a-monster

I am so used to these kinds of things being done on AT skis it was refreshing to see a tele setup although it looks like a tech binding with a tele heel? The crevasse self rescue setup sounds... optimistic.

t-$

Re: Interview with a monster (external article)

Post by t-$ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Wow, holy shnit...no other words besides, "whatchu talkin about foo?"

iBjorn

Re: Interview with a monster (external article)

Post by iBjorn » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:08 am

Thanks for the link, really nice to see a fast traverser going Telemark. The crevasse self-rescue does make sense for a solo tour, if you are alone and go down in a crevasse - you are more or less fucked without climbing gear - the chance of anyone finding you down in the hole are almost non-existant, your only chance is to get up by your self, badly injured or not. For myself, I dont pass glaciers when going solo, but I now seriously consider to bring a version of his set-up because there is a lot of time savings if you dont have to go around glaciers.

What does surprise me, is that he dont carry an airbag system on a solo trip.