leathers in march

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
t-$

leathers in march

Post by t-$ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 pm

it never ceases to amaze me how cathartic a good ski can be. with winter basically winding down or otherwise seeming completely over here on the third coast, we have gotten a late winter blast and the chance to get out again for a few runs.

hit the back trail tonight on the leathers and waxless eons. perfect for the conditions (low 20's, middlin humidity), and happy i got the ski the leathers again before spring. gonna take em tomorrow and saturday if plans go accordingly. gotta get it while the gettings good!!

i really needed to ski tonight...i have been missing it....

i call this one "two turn hill" for obvious reasons.
image (81).jpg
and this one is three turn.
image (82).jpg
image (80).jpg
image (79).jpg

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: leathers in march

Post by lowangle al » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:00 am

It looks like you got some good coverage there t$.

Here's some food for thought, when my OCD-XCD kicks in I would do laps in about a three foot wide section until it turns into creamy soft packed powder. It would turn your two turn hill into a 4 or 5 turn hill or more if you can accelerate out of your turns and have some runout. Those skis should work good in soft packed snow, if they don't try different skis.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:01 am

Don't forget to put a lot of snow seal on 'em... You'll see: melting snow + leather = wet socks!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 pm

I must not ski much wet snow, I don't ever remember getting wet feet.

t-$

Post by t-$ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm

well i got some of that water-soluable cream leather treatment. never used this type before but am going to try on these crispis, prolly wait till after the season is over. i've read you need to soak the leather so it is wet and the cream can work into the grain. makes sense from a science standpoint...we'll see. so far i haven't had too much problem.

the only wet feet issue i have had is from my feet overheating in the alaskas and sweating badly. but still they are warm, i can just feel my socks are wet :( oh well, not a huge deal...