The Rockpile last week- pics

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: The Rockpile last week- pics

Post by lowangle al » Sun May 20, 2018 3:16 pm

I skied for years with my knees together and still do for some situations, like high speed cruising, but spreading them made for a more athletic feel. It is another way to make turns and works better in some situations.

GT, I figured these turns out on skinny skis with leather boots, but I wouldn't recommend them for you. You know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue May 22, 2018 6:14 am

Actually it kinda looks like parallel...don't it?......Kinda is modified parallel ain't it?.....If your a telewhacker....you tele....There isn't any parallel in telemark....Get over it boys...Woodman is telemarking....let him be....Looks good even on fat skis....Teleman

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 am

greatgt wrote:Throw away those fat skis and get Nordic....Vote Trump while at it!!!!! TM
Probably the most stupid, idiot, grossest, uncouth and irrelevant comment I have heard in my entire life...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 am

Johnny wrote:
greatgt wrote:Throw away those fat skis and get Nordic....Vote Trump while at it!!!!! TM
Probably the most stupid, idiot, grossest, uncouth and irrelevant comment I have heard in my entire life...
Well said Johnny. Gt enjoys pissing people off. You would think someone that is so concerned about how they look skiing would also care about how they come across on the internet.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm

I think you look fantastic (I've seen your vid in the other tread)... Nothing wrong with a narrow stance, but I understand the truth behind Al comment... A narrow stance while being well balanced and centered over the front ski is great...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Wide stance or narrow shouldn't change where or how you get centered, but you will find out a lot quicker if you're not centered in a wide stance. It also forces you to be more precise at carving the rear ski.

Woods's skiing is fine, but I think a wider stance will add to his skill and enjoyment. It's nice to have options, so why not try something new even if the old way is working?

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 pm

I agree. There is nothing in what I said that implied that I was going into the opposite direction... Well, this is the Internet, the best place to have arguments based on hyperreal matter... As I said, you are right; it is good to have a wide stance and it is good to have a narrow one too...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 am

Now, now nude man...Close to 70 million Americans agree with me!!!!! Tele didn't start out to be conformist...Still isn't if your not conforming....In downhill wide is what you do...In the kind of tele preached on this site not so much...Remember your own words...Seems like your into Nordic aspects of tele...Wide stance ain't part of that....Nordic isn't downhill.....Downhill is the sister of parallel.....Nordic is the brother of tele...Arc on boys...TM

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Wed May 23, 2018 10:58 am

Hey GT how many people agree with your views on telemark skiing? Zero, nobody, if I'm wrong and you agree with GT let us know. It seems your only motivation for posting is to piss people off and since I can't tell you in person to shut the fuck up I hope Johnny bans you. We've put up with your negativity long enough.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed May 23, 2018 4:30 pm

hey al sorry to have 'pissed' you off.....surely we don't ski the same....use different equipment.....but love the sport....sure hope johnny doesn't ban you for that uncalled fore blast that I took on the aft quarter.....but being spring and all why not have some fun joshing about differences in skiing equipment and all that....and no offense but wood does not have to be told how to ski by you every moment....arc on Alaska man...tm