Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:33 am

Hottest day of the year around here...High 80's.....Fourth of July is a big blast as we all congregate in a field and give thanks that we live in this GREAT country.....Lots of children....families....old young.....Tons of fireworks....A real cross cut of America....How lucky we all are....Everybody brings something.....It's like those old Church Suppers....Man!....The food is great....The beer ice cold.....Happy birthday America....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Countin sheep!!!!! Close my eyes at night and drift to heading up some ridge....It's cooold the winds howling....Get into the trees....way up in nowhere.....Push off.....soft....white bliss....wake up when the first bird sounds off....thinking....July - August and we are there>>>>Ahhhhhh....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:19 am

Didn't get out of the 60's yesterday and 70's for a while....Hottest part of summer seems to be pretty cool....Might have to think about oiling my leathers.....thinking is good.....But need to do lawn thingers and hope to get my Jeep back for hauling the 2 plus cords that are split and ready down in the field....Get the winch on the tractor and pull out some spring cuttings....Drag them out and hope Punk delivers 5-6 cords for Son in Law and me....Then get a couple of split and delivered cords and I will be for the first time ready for two winters....Thinking I need the Jeep to be in good shape for a drive out West....Will see! TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 pm

So; a trip west; maybe to the Adks? Or further? I bet teleroll would be up for a spring trip to the western peaks... perhaps see you at teleking’s corn roast.
Almost got the new cabin ready for habitation...

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 am

Be great! Love those old mountains, the oldest on earth....Ski in then ski....Thinking if the time was right we could get a bunch of the crew and SKI!.....Not to mention the beer.....Hope to see you at the Tele Corn Roast TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

Hit the 30's last week and the earth is cooling....Water is colder and hanging out over looking mountains is going well.....getting my wood in early this year as we got hit with snow late October....and....were in deep all of November....Don't expect a repeat but better to be prepared....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 am

Have had a couple of frosts and the leaves are turning....Within a week the Highlands are gonna be there in Red Orange Yellow and Green....Man up around here Hardwood color is beyond belief....Ron put up a photo of Teleking skiing in about half an inch amongst leaves on a misty knob up in the Kingdom.....That was in 2000 and we repeated it the next year on the same date....Should make that into a Poster....but alas that would be work!!!!! Carrying a heavy bulky camera is fun....doing electronic stuff is not....Probably have some of those pictures in some forgotten strand here....Looking for it would be like work......TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:27 am

Red maples are flaming here in ADKs. Plan is to put the woodstove in the new cabin this week....about time. Both new and old camps will be here this winter, so will have lots of beds. Hope to have a winter snow party in early March. Got wood!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:05 am

Chuckle.....wood?.......The last time there.....we burned it all up!!!!....Man that hollow beech tree sent the fire halfway to heaven.....When we finish up on Getting the present camp down will restore that camp....high on a hill....looking up the vortex.....Hiked it yesterday and for the life of me....looking at the forest debris....how in hell do we ski it?????.....Can't wait!!!!! Teleman :D

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:49 am

Figure Telecamp on Little Mountain will be deconstructed this week....Twice I will have done that....BOOTS wants a camp up there.....Probably doesn't want us in his "Horse Barn"! Telekid wants to up grade...... a lot.....Will see....Will also get 20-30 tarp.....cause it's October and Nature doesn't wait.....Which reminds me....Out in Ron Land...(RavenTele).....40 plus inches in September??????? Still we had the best November in memory last year....Fingers crossed....TM