Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Telerock » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 am

Overseas highway; 7-mile bridge. May need to take up tele-water skiing.
4C8BD6AE-0407-48AF-A975-13B16C37976B.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Rock....poor granite erratic....Bout a mile South of Telecamp.....heh....a great erratic has split...Granite...must have drifted South from North near the border....twas melting snow and cold ice and temperatures.....Bridges???? beaches?????......today rock it was dark at Mid-day....heavy rhyme ice....tons of snow encased the ice.....dark skies with flurries....0ver twenty inches Lock of Stanlock gap.....25 minutes before turning into the hardwoods...Another twenty minutes to the top....Oldie cruising 8 inches of sweet floaty powder.....Ohhhhh....Turns, arcs, and "Gulf" only monomarks....Riding whatever the skis found.....This old fool had a real stupid grin on my face.....If you hear of a "Big One".....come on up....stay awhile.....Ski till you totally satisfy....head back to sun...sand....bridges....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:28 pm

I see from the weather reports you got the January thaw a week early in Vt; any snow left at all as a base?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 am

Yup! Highlands still have it but many things are rearing their heads as in falling debris such as logs...branches....stones....That is up on Little mountain....Not worried about Stanlock gap as there was 2 feet plus up there....Shortly will cruise it to see...Should be pretty much heavy crust....Will it be breakable???? Might see a Moose and all little critters will be roaming for food....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am

Just cruised out to Dead Moose Pond......Total hard surface with a bit...like a sixteenth of an inch of sleet that gave me all the grip needed...Extra blue....Skiddy, fast....and damp...cold even though the temp said otherwise.....jeepers even the track I made couldn't be seen...Supposed to get some snow....Will be building back up again....Have not even gone to the top of my favorite hills....Hope to by the end of this week...TM

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

greatgt wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am
Just cruised out to Dead Moose Pond......Total hard surface with a bit...like a sixteenth of an inch of sleet that gave me all the grip needed...Extra blue....Skiddy, fast....and damp...cold even though the temp said otherwise.....jeepers evemn the track I made couldn't be seen...Supposed to get some snow....Will be building back up again....Have not even gone to the top of my favorite hills....Hope to by the end of this week...TM
Ha! I have no idea what any of that means but I'm just glad you're still foggin' a mirror! Wow,this place is......different. (Obviously I don't spend much time here. Doubt that'll change going forward.) Is this where you've been hiding? Looking around, that seems oddly appropriate. I was so concerned, I even did a welfare shout out for you on the EYT forum; don't let anybody tell you I don't care.

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm

greatgt wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm
Rock....poor granite erratic....Bout a mile South of Telecamp.....heh....a great erratic has split...Granite...must have drifted South from North near the border....twas melting snow and cold ice and temperatures.....Bridges???? beaches?????......today rock it was dark at Mid-day....heavy rhyme ice....tons of snow encased the ice.....dark skies with flurries....0ver twenty inches Lock of Stanlock gap.....25 minutes before turning into the hardwoods...AnotherGrandpa twenty minutes to the top....Oldie cruising 8 inches of sweet floaty powder.....Ohhhhh....Turns, arcs, and "Gulf" only monomarks....Riding whatever the skis found.....This old fool had a real stupid grin on my face.....If you hear of a "Big One".....come on up....stay awhile.....Ski till you totally satisfy....head back to sun...sand....bridges....TM
That is some classic, GrampaTele prose right there: Somewhat evocative of skiing in the woods but beyond that.....can't quite parse it.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Sometimes I can't parse it~~~~~~Have some good pictures of nothing....Snow...trees....rhyme ice and powder on top.....Will shoot some ski pictures when the snow is deep and the "boys" find me...heh....One time on Little Mountain....could see it....The snow was a glow....It took about an hour to find anybody on that hill...Camera....Sometimes FHW the skiing is so good nobody cares about anything except floating on a cloud with Valkyries showing the way....er....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:01 am

Snowing good...Will hitch up with Telekid @ noon.....Highlands!...(more base but still have to be aware of forest debris)....Rain exposed some thingers that soft powder will cover but can cause some problems...Telekid has lost some edges because of it....Teleking has some new Rossie Bc 90's....They are getting a new bottom!!!!! My semi 109's have taken a beating....E99's are under repair....Thanks Teleking....Tonight pool at my house....Blab about skiing.....Can't wait to get some deeper snow so we can slice in deep and without big turns, continue down doing modified turns which mean long arcs...A blast! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:12 am

Headed up to the Highlands and found 4 inches of silk on hard pack.....Telekid looked good going under low laying branches loaded with rhyme ice and snow....Couldn't see very far!!!!! Initiating a turn had a tin y hitch then the skis came around fast....The Kid made me do two rounds up there....Real good....Drove over to Boot's place....Skied his field and it was a blast of rounded turns and arcs.....Knew my 109's were faster than Telekid's....until....I skied his 99's...Man did they go and did they ever turn....Wicked!....We completed figure 8's and did some body telemark....No poling....just rotated our upper body and the tension brought the skis around in a fluffy explosion....8 inches of silk....Hopefully will double it tomorrow....TM