Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:02 am

Two boils and we have @ 15 gallons. Rastatelee and Telesven do a great job. Me. I give advice and fire the rig now and then. In other words, they put up with me. Last night our women were in the horse barn turned into a sugar shack and did they ever bring in some wickedly decent food. Lucky Boys! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:57 pm

Telesven, Rastatele, and Jen are making our Sugar House wonderful. Two boys keep things happening like lots of Maple Syrup and Jen with All the food anybody could hope for. She and Deborah keep bringing food and we keep on eating between taking off syrup. Tough skiing up in the Highlands with hardpack and a glaze of edge grabbing stuff on top. mMostly ripped off branches and whips. Got few turns. What a workout! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:32 am

Had not used my Boundless for over a decade. last I saw Telekid was boss on them out West while visiting North Idaho and Ron Cole. Can't say i liked them then and found out yesterday why. Slow on the up, slow cruising and not all that good in these conditions. So, the old 109's' Boundless did not help this oldie in these conditions so next step will be 99's (205) and see what they do. Would like to take the 215's but do not want to break them. (old Europa's). TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:49 am

I have a set of 210 Europas. They are blue with some red.
You want them?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Thanks, Fisheater!. When you visit Vermont let me know. Will travel a bit to get them. lately we have had tough conditions and some longer 99's would be a good thing, I think. Have gotten enough to get some turns today but the howling winds have kept me at home. Will hit it tomorrow. used 210's at Tuckerman's Ravine for long high-speed arcs. What a thrill! Past tense as this oldie is..... to old now! Still the ride on E99's in decent conditions is the best in my opinion. TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:00 pm

Wow, 210 Europa’s down Tuckerman Ravine! I don’t care what the turns looked like, that’s bada$$!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:39 am

Will tell everybody again! Tucks, great snow! Place was jumping. Boarders showed up in UNIFORM! One was a good-looking female. They boarded down the right side, gully? Told the boys, "Ok show time!" Did screaming long high speed arcs and the show was rooster tail exploding. Wicked snow or I would have been toast. Great time. Some in the crowd started complimenting the boarders on their show. They stopped them, said the show was the crazies on skinnies. Was talking to the female boarder, duh, when she lifted her shirt and WOW! That was awesome, way better than arcs! Like I said Fisheater, a long time ago and a wonderful memory! And to that young lady, THANKS! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 am

Sunday was full of slow and cold powder. Had to hit anything steep or the skis wouldn't respond. Broke a mile out on a gentle logging road then broke into the Hardwoods and shot a few slow short steeps. Headed out and the up trail was good. Drove over to Boots place where Telekid, Teleking,and Telewoods were skiing a much steeper hill. That made all the difference! Boots brought out the grill and we had a feast in total sun, and the brews were cold and good. Good ski! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:55 am

Been in a steam bath for a week. Over 40 gallons of Maple Syrup and continuing. Next few days should finish up. Good year so far! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:10 pm

Low expectations this morning. Went up the ridge with last week's wax on the ski and it was good. Thought i would sink in but stayed on the surface. Going down was fast with some really sweet turns of the long kind. Wicked good with @ 30 inches of snow and everything rounded and waiting. Did i mention how sweet the arcs were? Heh! TM