Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Telerock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Steep north face soundedgood with t-king tomorrow; wordis lessbreaking thenatlittle-mtn without boots clearing the way.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 am

So....followed Telekid up into Little Mountain and figured I was about an hour back....From his stride I knew he was on a mission....Hauling a.........Trip up with green wax was pretty good with the exception of the very top where Telekid had laid a weird trail....found out he went to where a sign in is up top....He did the top track so anybody coming after him wouldn't get the Vortex while he was signing the book!!!!! gawd!.....So I followed him over to the Vortex and man.....did he ever ski it....Two ridges meet in a very steep section of Hardwoods a few softwoods and a blow in for powder of which there was @ two feet....He should have been filmed cause what a trail of tele...Safe to say this oldie didn't copy his tracks...I was conservative and only opened up lower down where it goes to moderate....Well boys and girls BC is dynamite with a gigantic blanket of deep covering everything....If you don't hit the steeper sections then your going to plop down into slow which happened to Telewheels on the scale bottoms of the Objectives while all the wax skis were in float heaven....man arc on as the snow is incredible...TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:29 pm

T-wheels and I tracked out the steep north face Sunday. No photos; but here are top of the single chair; mad river; on Friday; and Floodwood NY camp on Thursday. Excellant dry powder at both. It was 95 degrees warmer in the keys when I got back this afternoon.
1A22D88D-403C-40D9-8C4F-233B72280C25.jpeg
1F35D142-906C-4391-A3C0-F9BAFD6B2863.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 am

Off to the Daks Rock...Back soon! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:56 am

Nice get away over into the daks where a very fine woman runs a B and B.....A good friend of Telewheels and boy we had a good time C-C here and there....It was a two day of vast differences with the first in powder on a Sno-machine track and the second in crust in a snow shoe track.....Two inches of rain will do that...Back here the crust seems much less while out there much more meaningful...Good news and bad....The skinnies worked well in the snowshoe tracks as they are narrow and could turn easily in the track...Telewheels on the Vectors not so much...And when he was forced out onto the crust he was surfatizing with serious edge grabbing....The skinnies on the crust....Head them down....get the speed up....PUNCH the front ski down and in you go....Slowed you right down to easy control...109's are made for that....Saw Auger Falls and cruised to Fawn Lake....Beautiful area on Pleasant Lake where she runs a fantastic place with awesome views...Hope everybody has some good skiing...TM

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:29 am

Telerock wrote:T-wheels and I tracked out the steep north face Sunday. No photos; but here are top of the single chair; mad river; on Friday; and Floodwood NY camp on Thursday. Excellant dry powder at both. It was 95 degrees warmer in the keys when I got back this afternoon.
Wow man... I would like to ski place as steep as that; I wonder how you keep yourself grounded...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:28 am

Just before the DAK trip we skied up Little....Remember how good the skiing was....Well in a couple of days the powder had changed with High winds and the below zero skiing made for slow conditions even for an AT friend with mondo equipment...Noodles for the first time couldn't cope with the conditions but shooting steeps was kinda fun...Turns....not if you wanted downward progress....Yesterday was dealing with crust with the Western side the least effected....We were on the North and East side....Oh well....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Did it again Rock....Was finally up in the Highlands....No stinkin poles....My oh my is the snow up there deep....Telekid got it today and broke both ways up....Tomorrow my guess is more than a foot....Will hit that early then shovel and get more wood in...Bummer year for that! Skied the whole month of November, best ever for that month....Paying now trying to get the wood in...Expect your old Pool table to get a workout this Super Sunday...Beer...food....pool and a ski in the AM...Oh yeah!.....Powder...powder...Rock on...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:05 am

8-10 inches of very cold powder....Not fluff!!!!...Opened all areas to really good Forest Ridge skiing....And it was good....Very grey out there even within the world of white.....Will repeat up in the Highlands while I suspect Telekid will break Little Mountain....Head there tomorrow....Can't resist steep and deep Hardwood skiing....Course could do the east side where it has a bit less steep and wide open head them down sweeping arcs...Will see! Teleman

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:48 pm

Tman did your E109 order ever come through? here are 200cm's for only $153 shipped!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FISCHER-BC ... :rk:1:pf:0
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)