Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by fisheater » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Glad you got out Teleman, but take it easy, we both know that falling is part of skiing. Shoot I really can't ski if I can't fall. Hopefully your wife will be tossing you your keys, and getting you out of her hair very soon.

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:45 pm

jeebus, you KTB are tough people! open-heart surgery, skull fractures, damn, nothing holds you guys down :lol:

like I always say...you ski with your legs, not your skull or ribs right??? no problem...? :roll:
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:08 am

What happened was I had about a thousand feet of wonderful powder....We call the run the Northeast Fields...heh...Big trees everywhere but with zillions of openings....I mean for Big tree skiing probably as good as it gets except for the Old Growth Forest up in Wheelock Vermont that was cut about 15-20 years ago....(1200verts) down to Flagg Pond....Telewheels and I cut off and headed down the Northeast fields and it was the best of the season up to that point....12-14 inches of fast powder...Telekid needed more so he kept going up and down in different areas....Got to Boots penthouse...( a horse barn with an upstairs windowed open room with views of Mansfield and the Worcester range....Raged about the skiing and had a few brews and some Vermont green....Telekid came back and he had had a great ski....Got ready to head home and had put gear and what not in Telekids car and got ready to head out....Don't remember much after that...Figure I stumbled on the stairs flew off the 6 foot stairwell and as the boys say was out for 10 minutes or so.....Next I remember is heading in an ambulance to Copley Hospital then an eye blink or two of heading to Dartmouth Hickok.....Seriously wonderful people there....Now am waiting to see them on the 18th for their "go skiing" report....Will however get a helmet from Don over at Mountain Opp's in Stowe....Doc's said I really can't bump my head again....Got six inches of cold smoke last night and figure Telekid is getting face shots as of right now....Arc it all boys and girls.....Teleman

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am

T-man; perhaps you can find a Patriots helmet?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 am

I'll stick to the patriots as long as Bellicheck( ?) and Brady play....Then will switch to another team with a great coach...."B" is the best of all time me thinks....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:56 am

Soooo Rock what's the water temp down there????? Since I can't ski and the ice is very bad on all road surfaces....I'm am getting weaker....Bummer!!!!! Trock we have tons of snow up here....Will see what happens as the ground isn't frozen underneath because of the early snows making November this year the best in memory....Think the sap is going to run soon unless the winds are out of the South or East.....With such deep snow tapping is going to be difficult....But the Syrup is out of this world....TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:19 pm

greatgt wrote:....Raged about the skiing and had a few brews and some Vermont green....Telekid came back and he had had a great ski....Got ready to head home and had put gear and what not in Telekids car and got ready to head out....Don't remember much after that...Figure I stumbled on the stairs flew off the 6 foot stairwell and as the boys say was out for 10 minutes or so.....Next I remember is heading in an ambulance to Copley Hospital then an eye blink or two of heading to Dartmouth Hickok.....Seriously wonderful people there....Now am waiting to see them on the 18th for their "go skiing" report....Will however get a helmet from Don over at Mountain Opp's in Stowe....Doc's said I really can't bump my head again........Teleman
A helmet sounds like a good idea Tman, you should consider wearing it when you're drinking beer. :lol:

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 am

80’s down here in the Keys. Used up the sweet syrup you gave me. Biking most days, canuing on others. Come down for a visit when you get tired of mud season or snow.
A8D4BCD0-B76D-4768-8D1D-45436089E6C9.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am

Could run today but who knows?.....Never get tired of snow Rock!!!!!! Low angle I think it was the boots that caused it....Had thought that I might want to take off the boots and put on other shoes because the Duckbills had been kinda clumpy as I get older....Shoulda listened to my thoughts...Will change from now on....This coming Monday will see the Trauma team at Dartmouth Hitchcock.....Keeping my fingers closed...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 am

Got a helmet yesterday....Kinda funny because Tkid was with me and hoped to get either a Fischeer 88 or a Fischer 70....Don the owner said to Telekid that the Rossi line was going to be replaced and Telekid looked at the 110....Man did he get a deal!!!!!! Figure next year he will get some skinnies and Agnes will be a potential player...TM