Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 am

Man what a series of equipment demolition....Saw where LC had five zillion miles on some system or other....Well I'll raise that by two and it's come home to roost.....E99's binding pull out, both skis....Thinking about repairing....E109....ripped the Rotta almost in half...boys thought that was funny!....The delaminated top sheet is the end of the 109's as this is about the 4th time....So down to some Asnes 210 stiff double cambered skinnies and those heavy not so great bc ski the Western Noodle....My new e109's are supposed to come in January...NOT soon enough!!!!! Skiing is fair with turnable crusty grabbing snow...Probably will use the Asnes for the time being cause they will cruise the bc easily...Yesterday with a full range of skis the e99 seemed to be the ski of the day...From Vectors and Rossi bc 90's, e109's but didn't know how crippled the ski was....duh.......Wax was also much better for conditions than bones...at least yesterday....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 am

Short conditioner yesterday with the Asnes kinda stiff and not as turnable as my under repair 99's....Heading up into the Highlands and do a tour on a logging road that is in a wild zone and the snows usually lie the deepest in this area....The road goes up gently for about two miles then splits... On the West side facing south east is a hill with some decent openings and dwindling whips....Hope that is the ticket...TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 am

Teleman, I have been enjoying your posts for a number of years. I admire that you're still breaking skis, as I believe you are older than me. I have a line on some skis that might work for you. I don't mind paying the shipping, it's Christmas. If you like them, I would appreciate an invite to Tele Camp if I ever find myself in the Kingdom. I'm from Michigan. If you don't like them, I probably don't understand Kingdom skiing and you can tell me to stay away. PM me an address if you're interested.
Bob

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 am

Fisheater, bring them when you come to Telecamp!!!!!.....Boots is from the UP....one of 12 in a farm family...Great guy who played for Something Michigan in college and then did some serious fighting in Vietnam....He made oars for many of the best Olympians and was at numerous Regattas.....Thinking we would all love hearing stories from way up there and we would be happy to take you to either camp depending on conditions and what you want to ski....Boots is going to get some Hoks but is having a hard time getting a size 15 boot!!!!!!!!!! After reading your posts it seems our terrain is about the same just longer sustained runs here....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 am

Last couple of days before the rain skiing seemed to get better....After skiing the Noodles up on a ridge in the middle of nowhere figured it was time to compare the Asnes Sondre Norhime?....skinny double cambered ski with an e99 215....99 lighter and less stiff....Both cruised well but the 99 felt easier to move and were very fast....Neither turned all that well...(need lots of speed)....But in the bush speed can get you in trouble with that length....99 came around a bit easier and were wicked stable compared to the Asnes which felt very stiff.....Might be giving the asnes to somebody else fore to long...TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:42 am

T-man: weather report says you just got rain and lost a lot of snow. Must just be boiler plate left when it freezes uplater. I don’thave much work planned in January; let me know when you get another 1-2 feet of fresh powder; and I’ll drive up...I brought my own asolo leather boots and two pairs skis (rossi waxless and tua razors) with me this year. If you have the time, we could run over to the ADKs for a few days as well (plenty of firewood there).
PS It is time to consider another NEK tele-boys trip out west this year?

teledance

Post by teledance » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 am

Telerock wrote:T-man: weather report says you just got rain and lost a lot of snow. Must just be boiler plate left when it freezes uplater. I don’thave much work planned in January; let me know when you get another 1-2 feet of fresh powder; and I’ll drive up...I brought my own asolo leather boots and two pairs skis (rossi waxless and tua razors) with me this year. If you have the time, we could run over to the ADKs for a few days as well (plenty of firewood there).
PS It is time to consider another NEK tele-boys trip out west this year?
Been wondering when myself.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:03 am

Tough conditions around here.....Lots of base with a dollop of powder on top making for seemingly good cruising...Heh....In November we were riding on a total cloud of powder with water down below not frozen....Ground not frozen...It was one of the best domes of skiable snow ever....Anywhere...any steepness....fast snow for moderate terrain....Wonderful till the rains brought us back to this....Base is not flat....base falls into holes created by rain.....If you ski into them your gonna regret it.....Chunks of ice balls from the trees everywhere....The BEST skiing...gulp....bummer....was on a Pond....There I said it....And it was good....On a pond....yuck.....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:13 am

greatgt wrote:Tough conditions around here.....Lots of base with a dollop of powder on top making for seemingly good cruising...Heh....In November we were riding on a total cloud of powder with water down below not frozen....Ground not frozen...It was one of the best domes of skiable snow ever....Anywhere...any steepness....fast snow for moderate terrain....Wonderful till the rains brought us back to this....Base is not flat....base falls into holes created by rain.....If you ski into them your gonna regret it.....Chunks of ice balls from the trees everywhere....The BEST skiing...gulp....bummer....was on a Pond....There I said it....And it was good....On a pond....yuck.....TM
Hey man, this is the great New England skiing standby-- pond/lake skiing when it all goes to hell. I have the frozen ponds down here... I just need some dusty crust to go skiing on now! The nordic skating scene is about to go off this week I think. Contemplating trading in the Asnes woodies for skates for a few weeks and really put down some serious miles.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 am

Have packed skates in back-pack before...Then get to the pond and....skate....Yesterday was a total cc with almost no turns...the 215 e 99's did their thing sliding easily over almost every bomb hole in the snow...2 and a half inches of powder helped some....Got to places haven't been before and while the temp was very cold @ 12o some places between hummocks and lots of small cedar trees...Good workout and lots of visuals....Just a good feeling cruise...TM