Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:54 am

Good powder yesterday....Excellent turns and liked seeing tracks up on Teleknob...Thinking Teleking got some as the tracks looked like his...Nice sweeping arcs...If it wasn't him would like to meet that skier!!!! 10 below this morning and i live in one of those warm spots....Yeah Wintah!!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:39 am

3o out of the car....Going up noticed my down-slope ski would like to fall off the slope....Consequences of wide skis i guess....my narrow ones set the track and the big ones kinda makes me have to concentrate......Bummer!....Like the fact that numerous tracks have followed us up there...It's just a short ski to the top and an even shorter run down...However it has it all...Steep, moderate, easy.....Everybody can learn what they want up there, without a huge effort...Ran a ridge I cleaned up....Nice easy arcs....Anywhere on my right is ledges....steeps and some nice shots....To my left where most of the newbies up there stay...Lots of tracks and they will see mine and follow....When they see the possibilities i might not have as many shots...Saw Teleking at the bottom so took my first skiing pictures of the year...Been filming him for decades and he can still rip on whatever ski he has....Telekid has been skiing everything early in the morning......Goes up in the dark and well below zero and gets whatever he wants on Little Mountain, a one thousand vertical drop in a very nice hardwood zone.....Gonna re use my beater Rebounds as this snow wants them....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:48 am

Took the slightly tip split Rebounds out for a an easy ride yesterday.....20 minutes up and drifted into the Hardwood zone.....Man was that beautiful....Openings everywhere and the blanket of white was intense.....Rebounds went up better than the e109's ....Rebounds don't have rocker thanks to the snow Gods.....Didn't waste much time at the top and wanted to see how they compared to all the different skis I have used this year....Hundreds of acres on this gentle to moderate slope.....Luckily the Rebounds surfaced and ran well...The turns were wonderful and they did the dips with ease....They dropped some low ledges like nothing...Man do these skis go....If anyone reads this I'd buy a Rebound in i89 cause they could be my swan song ski....At 88-60-78 they are between a downhill ski and a true Nordic...Have double camber and very lite.....have broken All Rebounds...(Lots of them!!!!!)....Two sets and with diminishing ability due to "oldness" figure they will be my last....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:48 am

Funny, yesterday went back up and conditions had changed....Bout 17o and the snow was less "powdery".....Skis worked well but the snow was slow and the "bones" slowed things down even more.....Hit mostly steeper shots for speed and turns....Got to get some wood in today so I won't have to dig out to my woodpile in deep snow tomorrow....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 am

Tiny ball bearing powder was wicked good....Broke up a ways and Telekid will benefit for that!.....headed across a choked stream full of powder and covering everything....The snow is dense now and can finally be surtatized if you balance in the middle of the two elongated skis....Playing with camber and heading the skis down to increase speed for arcs....The trees had nice openings that soon started to close in....My vision wasn't the best and that led me to misjudge with my clouded eyes some terrain...Like snow banks alongside a drop which almost dropped me...Digging out was not an option...Twice I braked by slamming into a wall of snow that came up to my chest...No horizontals...lucky me....Hit the old cow trails down by Boot's place (high Mountain farms from way back).....laid some nice curvaceous tracks to make the boys take notice....Tomorrow will hit it hard...but where?....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pm

North
Face?
Sounds like you have plenty snow....
Or... the northeast fields and falls!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 am

Hey Rock!...Wish you could get up here to ski out in the Highlands....Both sides of the Gap up there where we park has tons of powder....Yesterday telekid headed up to Little Mountsin where I had been...The day after my last hes said the track i made was an ice ball!....heavy powder with lots of moisture...Almost afraid to make a new track in the Highlands...But one must Cope...heh.....Today will either head to TK1 area or the other side of the gap to a beautiful knob where the snow should be good and fast...Want to take the 109's but me thinks they would sink into oblivion....The beater Rebounds are making a comeback...chuckle.... but won't last long...Will check the snow around here before I decide on the skis....Course the Highlands are 1000 feet higher....Got my first shot of vaccine a bit back and will get the next in a couple of weeks....Deb gets hers within a week....Fingers crossed...Once we are set....GET YOUR ASS UP HERE!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 pm

CRUST...Where did that come from? Yesterday spent skiing time digging out the Jeep...Boots pulled me out wioth his tractior so then I took him home and slid into a ditch....Chuckle, he kept saying "stay to the left...Did, and in I went....Today up in the Highlands a crust appeared overnight and the temperature never went higher than 25o....That was a surprise!....Skis surfatized and took off if you sat in the back seat...Trouble was when you tried to gain control, heh, they disappeared down below...Had not skied that stuff in a while...like years...so it, hate to say it, was kinda fun!!!!!..Hear Sunday will be boss!...Would like to head out, find a dead hollow tree or stump and get a rager going in the middle of nowhere....Fire, smoke, food, beer....BC, oh yeah!....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Blue sky, white shimmering snow and grey rhyme ice....Overload!.......Boys headed up to TK1 or telecamp in the Highlands....Got both fires going...Stove and fireplace...and it was good!....Everybody headed out and found some lines that made all of us happy....there was a more than a razor crust...but not real bad and all of us were able to build up speed and demolish the snow and ice....Everyone had a good ski....Food was a pork roast with onions.....Not bad for BC skiers.....Ski out was fun as the track we made on the up was fast and fun on the way down.....Still....the Nature of forest was boss and we paid homage....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 am

Borrowed the Boundless skis from Telekid for the ice and powder ride....Might look and see if the Kid left them outside....While kinda slow on the up and cruising they were pretty good slicing crust and powder Sunday....~Highlands crusty....but easily skied....Little Mountain powder but heavily skied....Will see....TM