Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Telerock » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:38 am

I was thinking about deep March snow. there are two smaller ski areas, BIG TUPPER and TITUS MOUNTAIN, within an hour of my cabin, as well as Whiteface. If us old geezer retirees skied backcountry here mid-week, the king, kid and maybe wheels could do downhill on the weekend if they can get away.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:44 am

Telerock wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:38 am
I was thinking about deep March snow. there are two smaller ski areas, BIG TUPPER and TITUS MOUNTAIN, within an hour of my cabin, as well as Whiteface. If us old geezer retirees skied backcountry here mid-week, the king, kid and maybe wheels could do downhill on the weekend if they can get away.
Big Tupper is legendary, but what are the chances of it opening this year? Prob nil. It needs to go to a co-op/community owned model to work now, I think, like Magic, MRG, Whaleback... A shame, the bigwigs talked a big talk but did they ever have the money? Ambitious plans for glitzey great camps for a town too deep in the hinterland for the boogies. Sweet mountain.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:35 am

The question.....can we ski it when it's closed?.....Still have some pictures somewhere of that trip to some 3000 footer somewhere across two lakes....Had a blast doing the short drops last time also.....Woods you should come on up here to ski with the "Boys".....up at TK1...Telecamp one.....that camp has a beat stove and one of the 7 wonders of BC tele world....A fantastic "Fireplace" running up a slit in the ledge....surrounded with stone making for a camp with everything that nature can provide....The beer we have to haul! We have pictures of some of the food.....Wicked! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:26 am

Jeeves.....All the talk of early waxing on other threads gets me thinking....Getting older haven't kept up so pretty soon need to WAX.....So have the newish e109 and should do that first....Some very soft wax....(Yellow?)....E99's also....beater rebounds probably Swix red or.....Noodles something seriously hard like blue....They don't get used unless the snow is bottomless....We have this narrow steep shot called the Vortex where two ridges meet and it's kinda tight....last time I did that was a few years back on the e99's...Errr the last time I did it on e99's....Rebounds make it a lot easier....Shot into it from the right and picked up lots of speed and it was an orgy of sweeping turns until it got really steep and tighter than a...er....TIGHT!!!!! To get through had to drop and ride....elongated the rail and flew straight down....Not what I wanted!!!!...To much speed to turn....Knee on ski....Swirling snow kept me locked down in deep.....Near Telecamp two the Vortex lightened up....Have not repeated that ski on 99's since....Still if the "BOY'S miss one day up there and it's choked with deep powder......Could see sneaking up there and GETTING IT !!!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:14 pm

possibility! Wife said Telekid called.....Get over to his place if there is any snow.....Will depart early if there is....ANY......any......white....Boots ready.....skis leaning against the wall.....Ready! TM

paulk

Post by paulk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:37 am

Best of luck...the Sbounds...leathers thread forever!

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:47 am

Whiteface
0F2ED9D4-0204-4BA5-961D-113128025068.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:50 am

Soooo you beat me this year to first ski????....Bummer!!!! Nothing over this way....Upper greens got some but nothing up in the Highlands.....Wonderful fall and we seem to be heading slowly into winter but nothing to show for it yet....TM

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:42 pm

T-man
No; I stole that photo off the web. There was snow up there, but I wasn’t.
Now am back in 85 degree Keys.
See you next winter.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 am

Look forward to skiing over in the Adirondacks....Always good skiing and we sure have a great time....TM