Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Don the owner of Mountain Opp's will be back from Colorado soon....Last I heard on a screw-up by Fischer, were to arrive in January...Man would love to ski them now as the powder is super....To cold for speed of any kind...Up...cruising....Down....See a window of opportunity this weekend and Monday...Will hit it as much as I can and I have to say the oldie e-109's are soooo good.....Got some decent turns in the last two days but the cold slowed everything down.....Course it was well below zero and you all know what that does....especially with serious winds pounding it with four more inches in three days...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:13 am

Raining and that ends our little powder spree on Little Mountain for a bit....Have to think of going out to Three Pond Knob up in the Highlands as soon as the snow consolidates....Last few days has been a frenzy of powder....Deep and cold to yesterdays slight warming....That led to fast snow and man....did the Fischer Boundless waxable do the deed...Scored a few good pictures up by what we call the fingers where people fly out of some snow choked chutes into a turn zone with speed....Big gnarly trees in the background....Not bad....Then we headed down the East side...uhhh bout a thousand of totally wide open hardwood skiing...Drops...run outs....constant grade that just shrieks....FLOAT....Oh and the boys were in white floating heaven with natural Moguls....dips....double fall lines it has it all.....in waaay deep powder...Great skiing...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 am

Man driving home from sauna was like survival Tele skiing....Sheeeesssshhhh.....Anyway the base is good up around here and when the cold rushes back in it will be "cruising" time....Probably long low angle rides to find new places and easy to get there.....See if there is some kind of great skiing not done before....Also get to places where Nature rules....Reality....Tele camp Sunday....Little incursions into the forest in the mean time....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 am

Hardpack.....Here and there a patch of minimal powder so here and there you could get a bit of grip on the up...but...Couple of miles in was Telecamp and it was buried under tons of snow....Five minutes of shoveling got us in....Fire started.....Beer opened and windows shoveled so the sun could blind us....Blue sky and nothing but a glacial ice world in the bush....So Telekid roasted us a bacon lined sirloin and it was way good....Heading out was survival and it wasn't easy saving our collective a.... Waiting for powder which is supposed to come tomorrow...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 am

Headed up Little Mountain with Telesven following Telekid's track...TeleKing was ahead somewhere up there....Got to the top and Teleking did a screaming shot down by us with powder flying and clouds of white...Bout 8 inches early in the Am and it was continuing...By the end @ a foot....Where steep and cutting into the fall-line the snow would scrape off the serious crust...so...had to head them down and the fun was unreal....Telekid on e99's...King on Fischer Boundless....Telesven and I on Rebounds....If you shot into a dip you could slice under the crust so had to be a bit cautious....We heads Southwest and down a segment we had not skied in a while....Beautiful small bowls of open Hardwoods into a contour sometimes steep sometimes mellow...Everybody had a great ski and if we had any energy we would have continued but the beer was cold and the thousand up and down was enough...CC today then hit it early tomorrow...TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:43 am

there must be a ton of snow up there - the Mansfield stake has reached 97 inches
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 am

Even with the powder events then crust nothing has gone away...This last event was for 12-14 inches up in the Highlands....Soooo fast sooo good....There is a big kinda clear cut....kinda illegal over on another ridge with some decent looking potential skiing...Might hit that or go to Little Mountain and go nuts....Well more than usual....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:53 am

From a few weeks ago...
3252C2A7-6DE8-4632-80C5-4ADAFA7775D2.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 am

So far heard this on the new 109's...Variable conditions and Teleking got a hold of them and skied them beautifully....Telekid skied them out and I think he said they cruised well....The Nordic Rocker had to be a bit of a surprise....Will write more as I find their reactions....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:24 am

Hey thanks for your information on Nordic Rocker...LJ...B....B...FE....Figure the "boys are up in the Highlands and I...bummer ....heal....So yesterday was a wicked Spring Day....SUN....30o.....and My wife was heading out to cc....So before she went got my Clothes on and was ready as soon as she left.....She thought about taking my keys....Heh....one minute behind her I took the new 109'sand headed up to thr Highlands where Teleknob stands...At the bottom is a very flat area that can be skied with ease....Just wanted to be on those skis....Pulled in just behind Telekings Toyota truck and a few seconds he appeared....He kept an eye on me and slowly with lots of wax on tried to imagine what these skies could do....They were good in the flats with no real learning time...They just cut through 7 inches of powder....Even though I was worried about any kind of fall....or any real struggle....I went up a low angle and let the skis go...What an easy initiation....Push on the camber the soft tips rise and I swear it almost seemed they instantly turned with out any pressure....They ran flat out and....man did they turn easily....On the return I went up a bit without raising blood pressure found while going slowly they went up easily....Didn't take to long before wife found out....Not sure where the keys are........But was that fun for me....And Teleking who skied them so well...is thinking of getting a set....TM