Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Tele kid
Ski style: Old school Nordic telemark
Favorite Skis: Fisher E-99's
Favorite boots: Andrews North rim

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Tele kid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:31 am

Yup I pulled the trigger on a sweet deal. Definitely as phat a ski as I need or my leather boot can handle. These skis will be for deep pow only. The fisher traverse looked like a nice skinny ski as well. Wishing for some powder for you to enjoy once you’re in the clear with The docs. I’m sure you are going to thoroughly enjoy those e-109’s.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 am

Telekid,
I have an S-112, many people seem to think that other than different bases and graphics is the same as the BC-110. It skis well in leathers, especially soft snow. The tips come up to the top nicely in powder, and it is a fun ski to ski downhill in soft snow. Good luck with it.

Tele kid
Ski style: Old school Nordic telemark
Favorite Skis: Fisher E-99's
Favorite boots: Andrews North rim

Post by Tele kid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks man! It’s a little sad because I love skiing my s bound boundless skis. In tighter, steeper, and deeper terrain they have been boss. Not sure but they may have been just retired. I’ll wait and see, but super excited to get on the new bc 110. Maybe wet coastal storm coming in Friday night?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 pm

If those Boundless were longer I'd take them!!!!!! The 109's were easy to ski yesterday and sliced the powder like a sharp heated knife slices warm butter....Today not so much with the two feet of powde3r getting whacked by sun...South and West are crusty with some inroads into the North and East....Took a licking today but with over 7 feet of base.....looking for a powder dump or sweet corn...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 am

Four straight days of powder and it is good.....Yesterday took up the old Rebounds and did they like the steeps....They are a real turning machine and powder is when they are at their best....Had some wonderful turns and the snow was flying....They don't go up as well.....they don't cruise as well and are a bit off in moderate terrain but when in the steeps and deep they are real good....At 179 they need some more length....Oh well! TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:36 am

Saw a good description with photos of the Hangimg Spears Falls ski loop in the New York ADKs on AdirondackExplorer.com. It is just north of Newcomb, near Tele-wheel’s woman’s place. One of the skiers was a retired engineer who plays hockey who was skiing leather boots (sound familar?); the other wearing plastic.
Maybe next year the NEK tele-boys can take a trip out there, perhaps with a stop later at my Floodwood cabin and Whiteface lift-serve or the Jack-rabbit trail? The Jack-rabbit was laid out by Jack-rabbit Johanson, who designed some of the best ski trails in the East, including Manfields’ Nose-dive and Sunrise trails.

paulk

Post by paulk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am

I just read that article last night, I would love to do that loop. Hello from the southern Adirondacks. Telerock, do you follow the Adirondack Backcountry Skiers group on FB?

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:46 am

I have not followed that adk skiers link...Iwill look it up.

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:46 am

I have not followed that adk skiers link...Iwill look it up.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:41 am

Love to do it Rock....You know me....We used to call that KTB_West!!!! Ron is now West!....Your TeleDak!!!!! Any time Rock!!!....TM