Summit Cone Pariah

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
TA1
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Re: Summit Cone Pariah

Post by TA1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 am

Purchased my Pariahs in 177 cm from Telemark Down. Dealt with Erik and he was great! First, I have to mention the build quality of these skis.They appear and feel really well made. In comparison, I also have a set up using a Praxis Yeti ski. I consider Praxis one of the highest quality skis available. The Pariah is equal to if not better made than the Praxis. I mounted the Pariahs with my Voile Switchback X2s at Erik's recommended pin line at 85cm from tip. Used a 3.6 × 9 bit, West System Gflex epoxy and torqued screws to 4.5 Nm. Mount is solid.

I have 6 days of VT resort skiing on the Pariah at this point. Have encountered hard pack/ icy , wind blown , powder, manmade , natural snow in the trees. IMO , All I can say is WOW!!!!! Just an amazing ski. A great feeling rounded flex, Great edge hold on hard pack, takes variable , crud , groomers with ease and is outstanding in the natural /fresh snow. Really maneuverable and playful in the trees. A real joy! The geometry / sidecut/ rocker and camber is spot on. Really well thought out. Also, the ski is nicely weighted. Not too heavy or light. Feels really balanced . Coupled with the X2 , it is just so smooth. A perfect match IMO. I use Scarpa T1s also.

lilcliffy
XCD KNIGHT
XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Re: Summit Cone Pariah

Post by lilcliffy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

This is an excellent report- thank you!
Please consider writing a full review in our review section.
Regardless, please keep us "posted" on your experience with this ski!
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.