2002-3 Karhu XCD line-up

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

2002-3 Karhu XCD line-up

Post by Woodserson » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Just in case anyone needs a reference. I found a pair of Pyxis 185cm for sale... I could see the pastel bases from across the store, it was a shock. Brand new, undrilled.

Note the sliding XCD scale!
2018-10-12 17.53.16.jpg

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: 2002-3 Karhu XCD line-up

Post by Johnny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Coooooooool...!
I remember seeing a pair of brand new Pavo at a store around here too last year... A 15yo+ pair of Pavos on sale for only... 450$!!! Small towns are quite retarded sometimes...

Poor me who thought it was LilCliffy who invented the XCD rating system... :roll:
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Woods: Cool. It would be fun to pull the specs for each of those skis. I see that most of the profiles are on Dave's Nordic Backcountry Skiing Page:

http://web.archive.org/web/201510021509 ... -skis.html

Johnny: so how many posts to go now? Probably not for this winter eih?
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:35 pm

bgregoire wrote:Woods: Cool. It would be fun to pull the specs for each of those skis. I see that most of the profiles are on Dave's Nordic Backcountry Skiing Page:
It was 78-62-something-something. Also, they were very smooth and even flexing, with single camber. I could easily close base-to-base with one hand.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 am

Can you imagine if Karhu were still making skis today, with all the latest technologies and stuff? With good prices, made in Canada, and available for touching and squeezing in every single sport store in North America? It would be heaven on earth...

Ben, only 372 posts to go until you reach the XCD Knight rank. Then the Telemark Talk forum backchannel will automatically open up for you, with hundreds of tele girls waiting to meet you. You will also get a VIP invitation for two for the 2019 XCD World Council, which from what I heard will be held in beautiful Champery, Switzerland this year... See you there?
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am

Johnny wrote:Ben, only 372 posts to go until you reach the XCD Knight rank. Then the Telemark Talk forum backchannel will automatically open up for you, with hundreds of tele girls waiting to meet you. You will also get a VIP invitation for two for the 2019 XCD World Council, which from what I heard will be held in beautiful Champery, Switzerland this year... See you there?
Not a chance Johnnyboy! See you perhaps in 2012?
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

jalp

Post by jalp » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:15 am

Woodserson wrote:
bgregoire wrote:Woods: Cool. It would be fun to pull the specs for each of those skis. I see that most of the profiles are on Dave's Nordic Backcountry Skiing Page:
It was 78-62-something-something. Also, they were very smooth and even flexing, with single camber. I could easily close base-to-base with one hand.
78-62-69 on the Pyxis. Got a pair of the 185's chilling in the garage. Love em!