Faber S-Line

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
ddg

Faber S-Line

Post by ddg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Anyone have any experience with these, https://www.fabersnowshoes.com/snowshoe ... tep/s-line?
Derrick

Verskis
Ski style: XCD touring on small hills. Heavy tele at resort
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Rabb 68
Favorite boots: Alico Ski March

Re: Faber S-Line

Post by Verskis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Judging by the video, I don't see any reasons to go for these instead of Hoks (or equivalent OACs etc.).

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Verskis wrote:Judging by the video, I don't see any reasons to go for these instead of Hoks (or equivalent OACs etc.).
Right. Those Fabers are SnowSHOES.

I admit though, there is something interesting about their wing technology. Wondering how that could be applied to SKIS?

Check out their recommended Extreme Downhill Telemark Kneeling Position @ 2:15 !

Faber is a local (Quebec) native american company.

If I was looking into a pair of snowshoes, I would pick from one of these (with synthetic lacing):

https://www.fabersnowshoes.com/snowshoes/traditional

Real (wood) snowshoes are very cool...and light!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 pm

These are the shoes I have:
http://snowshoesalesandrepairs.com/?action=products

They are made in Northern Ontario, laced with heavy monofilament fishing line. Mine are twenty years old, but I had to get rid of my beagles in 2009. I spent half of the next three years working far from home. I spent about 10 years previous to that chasing beagles running "white rabbits" in cedar swamps in northern Michigan. They were faster, quieter, and lighter, than those steel shoes that were popular then. They also shed snow better than natural laced wood shoes.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:45 pm

That's it man...monofilament fishing line...awesome, super light and durable. I've got two pairs of those pretty wooden snowshoes threaded with that mega-tuna fishing line in the basement. Hardly ever used then though cause i'm stuck up on skiing.

Glad you got rid of the beagles, man that must've been hard work. Happy turning. Ben
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM