The Great North American ASNES FEVER!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Re: The Great North American ASNES FEVER!

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:18 am

jyw5 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:31 pm
Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 am
jyw5 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:04 am
As steep and deep as the runs are, I don't think the Ingstad will cut it. The mountains rise 1000ft/mile on average with your poles sinking all the way down

and the snow is bottomless just about 90% of winters in the past 20 yrs...I used to just have someone else break trail...lol
Let’s start a figth because of misinterpretation of written communication ;) I ne we suggested you use Ingstad... I just wrote that I rather use my Ingstad for breaking trails and not the Rabbs...That’s it... let’s fight now :lol:

I totally agree with Ben’s comment... and I would had that you are kind of rubbing salt over our wounds with all this bragging about your snow cover... :o

Seriously, reading your post and the description of the snow conditions leads directly to day dreaming for many of us I guess...

Im not bragging and certainly not fighting. There is such a thing as too much snow. The weather here sucks. blizzard followed by big minus temps and high winds and flat light. I was simply stating without hostile intent that the Ingstad may not work based on the elaborate Ingstad/combat nato discussion thread.
Oups... my post was misinterpreted... not the first time that happens to me ;)

I knkw you were not bragging, i was just joking with my twisted sense of humor. As for the fight, I was relating to the “heated” Nosi exchange.

As for snow, we are finally expecting a big dump in the east after a few days of seeing the snow cover literally melt by half...

Nitram Tocrut

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 am

Woodserson wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 pm
He's with you, jyw5. There's a fair amount of French to English here on this forum, subtle tonalities which are already hard to pick up on in text can be even more obscured.

But too much snow...? C'mon... We're dying out east. What is snow? Mythical stuff
Spot on Woods!

I tried to explain myself in my previous post... I should have simply copy/paste your post😉.

I guess I have to work on my “bantering” skills...

Thank’s!

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

The Great North American ASNES FEVER!

Post by bgregoire » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:41 am

Nitram Tocrut wrote:As for the fight, I was relating to the “heated” Nosi exchange.
Heated? I thought we were doing quite well! All I could see was unicorns and platypuses!

I've got to keep working on my English accent I guess.

Enjoy all that snow guys. Storm is coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:30 am

bgregoire wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:41 am

Heated? I thought we were doing quite well! All I could see was unicorns and platypuses!

If got to keep working in my English accent I guess.

Enjoy all that snow guys. Storm is coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You missed the rainbow! It came out of a pot of 75mm bindings and went into a pot of NNNBC bindings and little leprechauns were throwing them at each other!

jyw5

Post by jyw5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 am

Thanks for the light joking posts! I did misunderstand. but all is well!

I hope the weather here improves as I am about to ski thursday to monday. my skis and stuff are all in the car ready to go. It's a terrible addiction.

And maybe fortunately, varuste won't ship skis to the US. ...the price on the Asnes MT51 is really low...too bad. but probably for the best as my wife would probably kill me if I bought anything else this winter.

Have a great weekend.

Nitram Tocrut

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 am

jyw5 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 am

but probably for the best as my wife would probably kill me if I bought anything else this winter.
How many of us on this Forum are actually scared by their wife/husband/etc...? From my scientific observation (Ben will be proud that I look at that from a scientific perspective... sorry Johnny :lol: ) it is actually mostly those suffering from ÅGAS (Åsnes Gear Acquisition Syndrome) that fear their beloved ones the most. This seems to be directly correlated with the cost of Åsnes skis that directly affect the family budget of those affected with ÅGAS. Also, I have noticed a strong correlation of ÅGAS outburst and Johnny’s over the top reviews of Åsnes skis and critically acclaimed reviews of LilCliffy. I have included myself in the study and I suffer from a severe case of ÅGAS as in one year I bought Ingstad, Rabbs and 2 pairs of FT (one for my loved one... does that still count as a ÅGAS symptom :?: ) and as every subject afflicted by ÅGAS I tried to rationalize my behaviour by saying to my beloved ones (my kids are sick of me talking about skiing :lol: ) that I did not buy ski gear for the last 20 years or so.... but actually I was very happy with my odds pairs of very old Europa99 for all those years :shock:

Is there a cure? If so share it please!

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:25 am

Yep, there is a cure... It's called a garage sale...
(Read: selling you skis to fund home renovations, so you can keep your savings to buy new skis...)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:40 am

Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 am
jyw5 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 am

but probably for the best as my wife would probably kill me if I bought anything else this winter.
How many of us on this Forum are actually scared by their wife/husband/etc...? From my scientific observation (Ben will be proud that I look at that from a scientific perspective... sorry Johnny :lol: ) it is actually mostly those suffering from ÅGAS (Åsnes Gear Acquisition Syndrome) that fear their beloved ones the most. This seems to be directly correlated with the cost of Åsnes skis that directly affect the family budget of those affected with ÅGAS. Also, I have noticed a strong correlation of ÅGAS outburst and Johnny’s over the top reviews of Åsnes skis and critically acclaimed reviews of LilCliffy. I have included myself in the study and I suffer from a severe case of ÅGAS as in one year I bought Ingstad, Rabbs and 2 pairs of FT (one for my loved one... does that still count as a ÅGAS symptom :?: ) and as every subject afflicted by ÅGAS I tried to rationalize my behaviour by saying to my beloved ones (my kids are sick of me talking about skiing :lol: ) that I did not buy ski gear for the last 20 years or so.... but actually I was very happy with my odds pairs of very old Europa99 for all those years :shock:

Is there a cure? If so share it please!
Join your local ÅA club!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 am

The cure is to drown them in skis, so many skis they lose track. Then, you become a broker of sorts and skis go in and skis go out and no one can keep track anymore

Nitram Tocrut

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 am

Woodserson wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 am
The cure is to drown them in skis, so many skis they lose track. Then, you become a broker of sorts and skis go in and skis go out and no one can keep track anymore
The thing is that they only go in for now... I put up my Rabbs for sale twice just to change my mind twice because the first time I put a new binding and discovered full length grip waxing and the second time I tried them with my new ‘old’ Alico boots and had so much fun so I could not sell them... also LikCliffy keeps telling me that I should think it twice before selling a good ski..... the sale of the Rabbs was supposed to finance a pair of FT :lol: I rather laugh than lose my mind....

Enough blabla... let’s go skiing!