G3 Reverend with Targa binding

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
BCwannaB
Ski style: Telemark
Favorite Skis: Atomic, g3 and rossi
Favorite boots: scarpa & garmont

G3 Reverend with Targa binding

Post by BCwannaB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:10 am

Im getting a set of G3 reverend for cheap and superb condition. Just wondering if i should invest in a 3 buckle boot to drive them on resort hard pack?
I curently have the Scarpa T4 which can drive pretty good my atomic TM24. My concern is the width of these beast above the 100mm mark. Should i try it with the T4....and a thick helmet? :lol:
Feel free to comment.

cheers

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: G3 Reverend with Targa binding

Post by bgregoire » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 am

I'm not that knowlegable on resort tmark skiing but I did own a pair of Reverends. I really did not think they were that great on hardpack. More of an older style powder ski without rocker. I recommend you try out your set up with your T4s first.

For a BC ski, I found the Reverends much too heavy for my taste. So they live with someone else now.

On the other hand, if you are a dedicated resort skier, you might appreciated a 3 buckle boot with your atomic anyways though? I'd think that trio would be a better hardpack kit.

Have fun!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

BCwannaB
Ski style: Telemark
Favorite Skis: Atomic, g3 and rossi
Favorite boots: scarpa & garmont

Post by BCwannaB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will try it with the T4's and look for boots in the meantime. If i don't survive you can have the skis! :lol:

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 am

On beautiful powder day, your T4/Reverend will be alright... not perfect but alright; try em in the BC first. On hardback, that's a different story, as Ben Grégoire said... (salut Ben!).
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique