Voile 3p binding question

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: Voile 3p binding question

Post by Raventele » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:50 am

The springy cables on 3pc do a decent job of firming things up..You can knock off all the pins and still ski very well with the bail and cables only.. :D
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm not hating on Voile. They make nice stuff... but if they don't fit your boots, sell them and find something that does... that's all we're saying here.

For soft leathers there isn't much better in the US and Canada than the Alaska. If Johnny actually had a pair that fit him snug he'd like them even more... they conform to the foot like a mold.

I'm going to use the cable on my Annums. But my other skis, I'm thinking... my main boot is the Alaska.

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:47 pm

the other difference between ST and Voile is the heel pad - the Rottefella uses the traditional thin nordic plate, the Voile's is much higher to accomodate climbing wires. I prefer my heel closer to the ski and the ST feels better to me.

It's too bad there's no optional cable for the ST though. As it is I've ordered a couple of Rottefella heel pads for my Voile 3pin rigs.

btw Akers ski in Maine has the ST for $60 and free shipping.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 am

Cannatonic, I have several thin heel pads... Yours for free if you want...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 am

Telekid likes 3pc for ski areas....He sure doesn't miss them when in the bush...Riding his e99's has been fun to watch...My 99's need repair...loose binding and the 109's need glue to stop delaminating....and all of them need to be base waxed...Telewheels did good after his open heart surgery last year....Getting his stamina back...TM