The Finest Leathers: Nordic Norm 75mm Backcountry/Telemark Boots

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Re: The Finest Leathers: Nordic Norm 75mm Backcountry/Telemark Boots

Post by phoenix » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:03 pm

"Hello I have used alico march and riva nato m98 bindings but I heard sometimes that 3 pin delamination sole and 2 years is boots dead.....I am afraid use 3 pin....."

Here is what I wrote on the previous page:
Segeta, as long as you clip into the bindings correctly, any of those good leather boots can last for many years with no de-lam. Damage to the pinholes comes from incorrect clipping in. Sole de-lam often comes from the stitching of the welt braking down. It's important to seal the stitching with a high quality sealer; I have found Seam Grip to be the best.
I will add: with a sole that is molded, rather than the Norwegian welted soles, there is a problem once in a while with some boots. But this is not the normal. You should have no problem with your boots if you treat them as I have suggested. Also, cable bindings tend to fail more often than 3 pin bindings... more parts. However this is not very often (except for the Superloops!).

I have a pair of Alico's that are more than 20 years old, and still in very good condition. While I have skied with other boots also during this time, I have many, many km on these Alico's.

I like those bindings a lot. They are the original Chouinard Riva's (I have 2 pairs), in white instead of black. The white is very classy! This design goes back 100 years or so! Just be sure the cables are bolted securely. I don't recall ever having a failure with mine, but it would not be a bad idea to get a spare cable, and the bolt and nut which attach it.