The Finest Leathers: Nordic Norm 75mm Backcountry/Telemark Boots

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: The Finest Leathers: Nordic Norm 75mm Backcountry/Telemark Boots

Post by bgregoire » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:48 pm

This week's finest leather....

The Andrew Ultimate!

At 2200g per boot, this will kick your A&%! It should also turn any ski with smooth smooth style. Take it all in...somehow, I doubt these will be produced again during this Maha-kalpa:
andrewmountain.jpg
andrewmountain2.jpg
andrewmountain3.jpg
andrewmountain4.jpg
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am

Telekid and I got the Northrims a similar boot to the Ultimate with no plastic cuff....While they have holes in them and are totaled they keep on ticking....Will shoe goo the holes and when a serious boot is required will use them...Over 700 days with all that use mostly years back....Best leather....solid....think a steel thin shank the length of the boot!!!!!!! Turned like a ......Would love to get my hands on a Zenith....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:31 pm

The Alico Ski March is the closest thing we have today for a stiff leather tele boot like North rims. It's also unbelievably cheap!! You can contact the seller directly to ask for your size - he was able to get me a pair of UK12 (US13) in WIDE....less than $75 brand new shipped to your house - I'm having a ratcheting buckle added to mine to tighten up the ankle:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/British-Army-N ... :rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-British-Ar ... :rk:2:pf:0
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Andrew leather lovers....

What do you think about this version of the Expedition double boot...the Expedition Boukle :oops: !?
Andrew_Expedition_Boukle.jpg
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Slimfinn
Ski style: Nordic backcountry tour
Favorite Skis: Karhu-Tour 10th mt- XCD GT Kinetic
Favorite boots: Alpina 2000, Merrell Frontier

Post by Slimfinn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am

Cannatonic wrote:The Alico Ski March is the closest thing we have today for a stiff leather tele boot like North rims. It's also unbelievably cheap!! You can contact the seller directly to ask for your size - he was able to get me a pair of UK12 (US13) in WIDE....less than $75 brand new shipped to your house - I'm having a ratcheting buckle added to mine to tighten up the ankle:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/British-Army-N ... :rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-British-Ar ... :rk:2:pf:0

Well of course they are sold out of my size!

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm

Slimfinn wrote: Well of course they are sold out of my size!
you might try emailing the guy, he got back to me a while later w/ my size after I requested them. 12UK was 13 US btw

hey where are all these Andrew Shoes pictures coming from? Is somebody hoarding??? :lol:
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Cannatonic wrote:hey where are all these Andrew Shoes pictures coming from? Is somebody hoarding??? :lol:
Google my friend, google! Just doing my best to spice up the lives of those few leather lovers out there, you included of course. Actually, thought it would be nice to compile pictures of the various Andrew tele boots here before they go fully extinct. :cry:

The closest thing to an Andrew boot I own are those Arkos branded Greenlands whose images were posted here a while back. Have not actually received them yet so can't tell you how they go.

Enjoying the Rifugios Canna?

What innersoles to you use in your Antartic boots when its -15C to-20C out? I've been finding my Sydpolens a little cold.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

bgregoire wrote: What innersoles to you use in your Antartic boots when its -15C to-20C out? I've been finding my Sydpolens a little cold.
I use this Sof-Sole innersole and it works well at all temps, it's ventilated for warmer and padded/insulated for colder. However, Sof-Sole has stopped making them. Horde up, if interested, if you can find them!

https://www.theinsolestore.com/sof-sole ... soles.html

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey Granpa TM, I introduce you the Andrew Smilla! They sure look like the North Rims!? Are they like the old battered pair you have kicking around?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l16001.jpg
s-l16002.jpg
s-l16003.jpg
s-l16004.jpg
s-l16005.jpg
s-l16006.jpg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 am

Holy sh........Man do those look good or what?....Used the old Andrews once this year in well below zero temps...Still have black toenails!!!!!!! Man did they move the widest and heaviest skis I have....My problem with Andrews is they have a terrible system to get the boots....I still don't know how in hell I did get them....Right now I have three different lace up boots and the beater Andrews....Guess I better put the glue to them again and use em totally up...Gonna get some snow here boys....Forest is totally rounded and when the snow flies it should be wicked good...TM