NNN-BC versus Pins: Just the facts

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: NNN-BC versus Pins: Just the facts

Post by Rodbelan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:47 pm

lilcliffy wrote:I wish to apologize for my most recent post.
Please forgive me.

It was not my intent to offend anyone.
I am afraid I can have a bit of potty mouth (growing up cutting wood for a living where foul language is part of the culture still comes out in me at times)- my use of foul language was inappropriate.

My use of language was poor and obviously ineffective, it clearly destroyed anything useful that I wanted to say.
I also exaggerated- which is not helpful- I do not mean that I think anyone is lying about any of their personal experiences. I do get annoyed with myself and others when they have isolated personal experiences and then make universal statements about something.

I greatly appreciate the experience and opinions of all- especially at times those that differ from mine- or at least those that differ from mine offer the most opportunity for me to learn something!

My post was simply an offensive and stupid rant- this is certainly not the place for such things! I will happily ask to have the post deleted if that would be appropriate.
I actually do not take this sort of thing personally- I am sorry if I gave that impression.
(I actually do not completely understand what came over me...I have been under a bit of extreme personal stress over the past few months and perhaps I am breaking a bit? My family is dealing with two crises and perhaps it is taking its toll. This is no excuse for treating others poorly of course!)

All I really want to say about this topic is that I personally appreciate the virtues of both NNNBC and 3-pin boots and bindings!

All we really have is our own experiences, perspectives, and opinions. We all need to be able to share them without being belittled. I am sorry if my choice of words poisoned this conversation.

I am actually not really very interested in debating whether NNNBC is "better" than NN.

Long love and live NNN and NN!

I wish you all a Happy Holidays with you and yours, and I hope you can forgive my ridiculous and offensive post.
Ahhh, man... That's alright... I didn't mean to moralize. Just a little footnote to say «take it easy man». You aren't the bad temper, burnt head type (I never felt that sort of thing in your writings); that is why I was a little surprised. Take care. Enjoy the snow. And NNN BC of course... :D
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:35 am

Uhhhh....what's a cement mason....thought it was a stone mason which Teleking was before he became an engineer....Three pins are indestructible....uh...er....ripped a three pin almost in half yesterday and then the top sheet was packed with snow and ice by the tip....Tippy 2 mile run out..oh yeah....TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

Once there was a very wise guy. He had deep knowledge and experience, he really knew his stuff. He spoke the truth. But he was very humble, he didn't talk much. He would rather spend his time all alone in the mountains. In fact, he didn't like to talk. But when he did, his words were full of wisdom. Alas, the poor people couldn't hear what he had to say. They didn't listen, thinking it was all bullshit. What a load of nonsense! they said.

Even though the wise man was revealing generously to the people the most important truths, they didn't believe him. All they could hear was rubbish and gibberish. The poor people were so busy running after worldly pleasures that they would never take even a few seconds to try to understand what the wise man was telling them. It was way more convenient and easier for them to declare his words as complete nonsense.

One day they got really sick of his load of nonsense. So all together, in perfect democracy, they simply decided to crucify him. And so they did, without any remorse.

Merry Advent to you all
May peace and knowledge carry you forward
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Mountain Mitch

Post by Mountain Mitch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:18 am

Hey lilcliffy
I felt burned when you referred to ‘lies’. But I don’t hold a grudge. It’s cool you apologized. We all feel strongly about our skiing. Let’s get out there and carve some snow!

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 pm

I love passionate rants, this is a good place for them, I'm not sure I completely understand the gist of this one but I will agree that the bar-ripping-out issue is overplayed in internet forums. That is possible but has to be extremely rare. I think the threat of the glued boot sole coming unglued is a lot more realistic problem, it actually happened to me once, but not until the boots were very old.

and that's an issue I have with these 3-pin, glued-on soles like Alaska and others from Crispi, I prefer welted 3-pin sole, they're going to last much longer than glued-on.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

Coolwhip

Post by Coolwhip » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Johnny wrote:Alas, the poor people couldn't hear what he had to say.
Listen...
Jesus is a pinner.jpg