Wide boots size 38? NNN

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Nevada

Wide boots size 38? NNN

Post by Nevada » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:34 am

Got boys that are size 37 or 38 in length. I got them women's boots that are size 38 and they fit length-wise with some room for them to grow so they'd last at least this season and next. The women's boots are narrow in the toes. I can return these, but what can I get?

By the charts, 38 is Men's size 5 1/2. I don't think I'll ever find a men's boot that size. As I wrote, these are already a couple sizes larger than I buy their kid's shoes. But I tried some size 36 boots, also women's I think, and their toes were already at the end of the boot. These have all been Rossignol boots which seem small for size. If I go any longer, like size 39 or 40, I'm concerned they'll be sliding back and forth in the boot with about 2" in front of their toes which is more than can be taken up with bulky socks.

Cannatonic

Re: Wide boots size 38? NNN

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:11 pm

It looks like Crispi goes down to size 36 - have you checked out their boots?
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)