Finally!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Finally!

Post by fisheater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am

I may finally have some natural snow. Cold and wet since October, first couple inches in early November, but every time we get precipitation it has been a warming event and has come as rain.
IMG_1292.PNG
If I get 8" I might try to get the Gamme out on the trails. The cobble can be large, but I guess you break them in like you're going to use them. Man, I'm pretty excited, it has been such a long wait. Especially when a big winter storm went south of us last weekend.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Finally!

Post by Woodserson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 am

Looks like it'll be good skiing Sunday too!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am

I hope you get some and I hope it sticks around for you Bob. It's still early enough that you can have a good season if things turn around. Lousy conditions and lack of a base that lasts all season are reasons why I would choose a wider ski like the Vector to maximize skiing opportunities, especially in Pa.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Plenty of snow here in parts of the UP if you can make the long drive. Hit the Porkies or Bohemia! In some of the hills, there's 3 feet of base with fluffy LES on top. Best early season in many years. Not so much at lower elevations down by the lake though.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Hey Conny,
I took my son to Marquette over Christmas break. The conditions were pretty poor at Marquette Mt., but the terrain was an eye opener for him as he has only skied in the Mitten. I am still planning on coming up to Midwest Tele Fest in February. I have never been to the Porkies, and I have some new wider skis Asnes Tinden 86. They seem fat to me, they're similar to the Objective. Hopefully I will get off the ski hill when I am up that way. It has been a few years since I skied the UP, when I was up I kept reminding myself there certainly was a reason I used to spend so much time up that way.
Hopefully I will bump into you at Telefest. I have a Coleman Extreme Cooler, ice lasts a couple days in the summer. Hopefully I will be able to offer you a non-frozen beer.