New tele ski advice...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Kmac5

New tele ski advice...

Post by Kmac5 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:31 am

Time for a new set up, I am 5‘11“, 175lbs, East Coast skier looking for a fun, Lively, playful ski in about the 90 mm (give or take) waist width. Love the tree an bumps and making short quick turns. Currently, on the Line sick day 95 with HH bindings. Really like this set up but looking to switch the NTN.

These are the ones at the top of my list. What do you think? Anything else I should have my eye on?

Fischer Ranger 90
Dynastar legend 88 or 96
Liberty Origin 90
Scott Slight 93

doesleap

Re: New tele ski advice...

Post by doesleap » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:26 am

Check on the Nordica Enforcer 100s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gba52nnGXu4

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: New tele ski advice...

Post by Woodserson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:42 am

My ski partner just got a Voile V6 and LOVES it for New England trees, but 100mm in the waist and also $$$ (MUSA)

Atomic Vantage 95C is a great budget ski that punches way above its pricepoint. It would pair well with NTN methinks. Can usually get this for around $250.

Black Crows Captis or Orb would be two I'd keep an eye on also, but can be $$$ but they hit the 90mm mark.

I like the 90-ish waist width I think it's ideal. The Sick Day is somewhat soft, if you really like it, make sure to flex the next ski you are going to get so you don't get some 4x4 barn beam that doesn't bend.