Recommended line - 2014 Blizzard Cochise

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
jshaski

Recommended line - 2014 Blizzard Cochise

Post by jshaski » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:40 pm

I picked up an un-used pair on Craigslist. They have a faint mark in gold (at 53, my eyes cannot be sure even with readers) on the sidewall that MIGHT be an upward facing arrow followed by some vaguely organized numerals.

There is also a FLIPCORE icon on the topsheet which seems to fall about midway between the toe and heel binding pieces in photos I've found online.

Unfortunately, these two marks do not appear to line up and, thereby, erode rather than instill confidence.

Anyone have the inside word on this?

Thanks,

https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/blizzard-cochise-2014

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Recommended line - 2014 Blizzard Cochise

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 am

I'm going to say that the Flipcore insignia underfoot is just a graphic like many manufacturers go with for additional promo material when the ski is on the rack outside the lodge, and I'd try to puzzle out the sidewall arrow a bit better and probably go for that. It's probably indicating boot center. Got a picture?

jshaski

Post by jshaski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 am

Funny. The numbers are pretty clear in the photo (especially when you zoom in). And, the alignment with the FLIPCORE logo is closer than I first thought.

What do the 9.0mm and 4.1mm dimensions relate too?

Leo Tasker
Ski style: Uncoordinated but enthustiastic
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme
Favorite boots: Alfa Skarvet

Post by Leo Tasker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 am

Those numbers will refer to the drill bit size needed when mounting the bindings. The arrow on the side will normally show the ideal boot centre mark, although you should measure this on both skis, as the topsheets can be misaligned sometimes.

jshaski

Post by jshaski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Interesting. Thanks!

Which file destinations work best for posting photos to this site?

jshaski

Post by jshaski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Turns out, using a straightedge, that the sidewall arrows line up quite closely with the FLIPCORE icon. Tape pull from the rear of each ski is 30.25".

FWIW, this line is aft of the ski's balance point and leaves a slight majority of the total ski length out front. Which may make sense, given that the rocker line is deeper out front as well and...these skis were originally touted as big mountain POWDER skis.

I think I'm ready to drill these. I'll post some pics if I ever figure out how ;-)

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 pm

jshaski wrote:Interesting. Thanks!

Which file destinations work best for posting photos to this site?
Look below, click "Attachements" then "Add Files" then "Place Inline" with the cursor where you want the picture to appear in the post.

Or, if hosted on a third party site, click "Img" in the above selection of buttons and place the image address in between

jshaski

Post by jshaski » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Gracias!