I think we don't want a T4/Excursion in NNN-BC, we want a scarpa F1 race that is NNN-BC. Lighter, better range of ankle motion. Something that sits right in the middle of that no-mans land that now exists between plastics and leather/composite. That's what I want, anyway.
- XCD KNIGHT
- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am
- Location: Rimouski, Québec
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
- Favorite Skis: Fisher E99, Åsnes Ingstad & Cecilie, K2 Wayback 88
- Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar
- Website: http://living-laponia.tumblr.com
I had actually also included the standard 75mm leather tele boot midsole in my thinking here. The sole flex on those can be oh so good but it results from a combination of various poorly insulative heavy materials like thick rubber and rigid nylon midosles or glued-in salpa-like footsoles.
To boot, most, if not all the modern vulcanized 75mm boots I have seen laminate have the same flaw paulzo mentionned: the stiffener does not form part of the duckbill.
So yeah, can we make these boots stiffer, warmer and lighter too?