Crispi Evo Rando and Rottefella Freeride compatibility

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Troutwrestler

Crispi Evo Rando and Rottefella Freeride compatibility

Post by Troutwrestler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a pair of, I guess, 2015 Crispi Evo Rando Thermo boots. They are neon green if his helps. The shop says they work well with TTS and Meidjo bindings, but there are issues with Rottefella Freeride NTN bindings.

I have never heard of such an issue. Has anyone else?

Thanks in advance...

TomH

Re: Crispi Evo Rando and Rottefella Freeride compatibility

Post by TomH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Don't know what issue that would be. Most of the Evos (of that generation) were used in Freerides, and the only different between a regular Evo and the 'Rando' version was the addition of tech fittings.

If anything, the issue would be with the tech toe options (TTS/Meidjo/Lynx). Some of the early Crispis that had tech fittings were known for pre-releasing from tech toes. This can usually be solved by trimming away some of the toe plastic around the tech fittings to make sure the tech toe can close completely and aren't getting stopped before the pins are fully seated.

Whoever told you that, doesn't know what they're talking about.

Troutwrestler

Re: Crispi Evo Rando and Rottefella Freeride compatibility

Post by Troutwrestler » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 am

Thanks.