Salomon QST 99 mounting

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
sc00ter_17
Ski style: Freeheel
Favorite Skis: Armada JJ, Salomon QST 99
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX Comp
Ski Patrol @ Mount Bohemia and Little Switzerland

Salomon QST 99 mounting

Post by sc00ter_17 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am

Greetings fellow freeheelers,

This is my first post and I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience riding these skis. I am fairly new to Telemark Skiing with this being my 4th season of being on the dark side. I started out with some old Volkl G2's with 22 design Vise bindings and some old, worn out, Scarpa T2 eco's. I soon realized the skies had served their useful life and I upgraded to some Armada JJ's 165cm. I then took the plunge and upgraded my bindings to Outlaw X and picked up some Scarpa TX Comp. This combination was great for my little home hill with a whopping 150ft of vertical but when I would go out West (Colorado) or even great days of skiing at Mount Bohemia (all nature terrain) I was wanting more ski length. My JJ's I mounted Boot center line to Best Alpine Line. This felt good to me until I get into power over my boot line or heavy snow. I know these ski's are a little short for me (5'7") but they were great to learn on and are a blast in the trees. Should I mount up my QST 99's (174cm) that are coming tomorrow the same way or what has peoples experiences been with this or similar QST skis?

Thanks,
Scott

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Re: Salomon QST 99 mounting

Post by Nick BC » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:23 pm

I’m the same height as you and have the 174’s mounted boot centre on the ski’s boot centre line. They ski great with the Scarpa TX and TX Pro. You’ll have a ball!

sc00ter_17
Ski style: Freeheel
Favorite Skis: Armada JJ, Salomon QST 99
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX Comp
Ski Patrol @ Mount Bohemia and Little Switzerland

Re: Salomon QST 99 mounting

Post by sc00ter_17 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks Nick!! I was hoping to hear from you. I have been reading on the forum and noticed you are on the same skis.