NNN Down Hill video!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
boby13
Ski style: Intuitive
Favorite Skis: Green FT's, Ingstad, Objective BC, Fischer E88, E99
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP and I have a love/hate relation with the Alfa Free!

Re: NNN Down Hill video!

Post by boby13 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks guys, its fun doing these videos.

And by the way, after 2 seasons my easy skins are holding up really good and don't show any sign of excessive wear after around 200km on them.

bgregoire wrote:Salut Boby!

Merci pour ta contribution! Toujours génial de lire les propos d'un autre québécois ici.

Belle neige dans les laurentides! Ici, à Rimouski, ça tombe en malade en ce moment. Laisse moi savoir si jamais tu conte visite le Bas-Saint-Laurent ou la Gaspésie, j'te ferai le tour des beaux spots. 8-)
Merci à toi Ben, tu fais une super job sur ce site!
J'te ferai signe si jamais je passe dans ton coin, hier c'était le blizzard et j'ose pas imaginer chez vous :shock: bonne chance avec le déneigement !

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Please keep sharing your videos Boby!
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Baaahb wrote:Good answer! I feel the same in some respects...though my frame of reference is using 3-pins, leathers and a soft light ski like the Fischer Boundless (100 uf?) when others would be on plastic and cable bindings. That looks like an ideal tour for them Boundless.
I am pretty sure that the Fischer "Boundless" was the same sidecut profile as the S-Bound 98- 68mm underfoot.
The Excursion 88 is also 68mm underfoot- therefore similar float and stability.
The current 88 also has a fair bit of tip rocker- unlike the Boundless- and therefore offers better turn initiation.

Though I think that both the current 88&98 are stiffer and more cambered than the old Boundless. From what I remember the Boundless has a round-flexing single camber?
Woods has them all so he would be able to clarify.

BTW- on the 3-pin vs NNNBC- the Alaska NNNBC has a considerably more stable sole than its 3-pin counterpart.
The current 3-pin Alaska at least "feels" like it has a more stable sole than the first gen Alaska 75mm did- but, my friend just bought it and I can slightly twist the sole of the 3-pin in my bare hands- I cannot do that with my fully-broken-in Alaska BC.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 pm

lilcliffy wrote:Though I think that both the current 88&98 are stiffer and more cambered than the old Boundless. From what I remember the Boundless has a round-flexing single camber?
Woods has them all so he would be able to clarify.
I have and still use my Boundless skis. They are 68 underfoot and 98 in front. The older gen of the S98. Unlike the S98 though, they have a very minimal camber that is easy to squash. Im tempted to not even call it a nordic single camber, its quite minimal. The ski is relatively stiff throughout.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM