Teleman: get well soon!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Cannatonic

Re: Teleman: get well soon!

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

forwarding a post from Biff over at TelemarkEast.com.....sounds like he's OK - maybe we should get him the Rigufios! Or we already have enough money to get him the 200cm E109's he loves which are still on ebay for $150.......edit oops, looks like the E109's are gone

>>>I talked with Bruce. He’s ok. Fell off a porch (after “an amazing deep powder ski day “) and broke some ribs. He also hit his head. But he has a pretty thick head.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:53 am

Cannatonic wrote:forwarding a post from Biff over at TelemarkEast.com.....sounds like he's OK - maybe we should get him the Rigufios! Or we already have enough money to get him the 200cm E109's he loves which are still on ebay for $150.......edit oops, looks like the E109's are gone

>>>I talked with Bruce. He’s ok. Fell off a porch (after “an amazing deep powder ski day “) and broke some ribs. He also hit his head. But he has a pretty thick head.
Canna, I am closing in on Bruce's inner circle. Should be getting some more up to date news and hopefully he will let me know if he prefers $ for medical care, boots or skis.

I think my friend grabbed the E109s, no? Besides I thought Tman likes his skinnies short. 200cm sound like quite a ski to handle on the down. Cheers!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 am

>>> 200cm sound like quite a ski to handle on the down.

Hey for 65% off beggars can't be choosers! :lol: It looks like they're gone anyway, and he's got a pair on order in the length he wants. We need to get to $340 US to get the Rigufios
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

bgregoire wrote:
Cannatonic wrote:forwarding a post from Biff over at TelemarkEast.com.....sounds like he's OK - maybe we should get him the Rigufios! Or we already have enough money to get him the 200cm E109's he loves which are still on ebay for $150.......edit oops, looks like the E109's are gone

Thankfully Bruce isn't in a comma, but surely he must still be in the hospital, otherwise he would have logged on to say he's OK.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Just want to say thank you all for your support.....Telekid is trying to get on here to communicate......The worst of it is that I broke my head which is probably not going to be noticed...after all even when in my prime my noggin doesn't work all that well anyway....The fracture of the skull was a bad kind of thing...But...the trauma unit at Dartmouth has been outstanding.....Can't write to much as my condition makes me kinda out of it.....Got my new 109's and they look pretty good and Telekid and Telesven will ski them and will report on their potential....Have pretty good insurance so get back to skiing...I hope to be back doing it before the end of season....Again thanks for the support...Like I said to Ron Cole...there are a lot of good people out there...Think I need a nap! And B you have a ski with the Boys...As do anybody who loves the BC....TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm glad you're on the upswing Tman, thanks for the update.

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:37 pm

T, glad to hear from you firsthand! Keep up the good recovery. You will be slicing arcs in no time.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Tele kid
Ski style: Old school Nordic telemark
Favorite Skis: Fisher E-99's
Favorite boots: Andrews North rim

Post by Tele kid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 am

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes towards my dad gt tele. We are lucky to still have a forefather of Nordic telemark. It was a tough stretch for our family, but I’m extremely happy with his recovery this far. Getting him out of the house for the first time the other day was huge. We picked up his new e-109’s then out for pizza with my daughter. Tele Man was wiped out but great progress. Special thanks to the generosity of those involved with the go fund me. He is truly humbled. Hopefully in a few weeks he will be back to his usual rants about leather and skinny skis.✌️ Tele kid

STG

Post by STG » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 am

Teleman,

Your injury may slow you down for awhile, but the human body has an amazing ability to heal and recover! You will be doing turns in pow again! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Tele kid wrote:Thanks everyone for the positive vibes towards my dad gt tele. We are lucky to still have a forefather of Nordic telemark. It was a tough stretch for our family, but I’m extremely happy with his recovery this far. Getting him out of the house for the first time the other day was huge. We picked up his new e-109’s then out for pizza with my daughter. Tele Man was wiped out but great progress. Special thanks to the generosity of those involved with the go fund me. He is truly humbled. Hopefully in a few weeks he will be back to his usual rants about leather and skinny skis.✌️ Tele kid
Tele kid, did he get hit in the head to start thinking about Objectives on powder days? Just poking fun, best wishes for a speedy recovery for both powder and tapping maples. Hope to be reading about boiling syrup. I always enjoy those posts.