Teleman: get well soon!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Teleman: get well soon!

Post by bgregoire » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi Folks. Some times, thoughts matter most. As you have surely all heard, Teleman is back online and well. I've done my best to get in touch with him and his entourage about that gift some of us helped pull together as a get well present. Turns our TM thanked us for the gesture. However, as I have not received any feedback on how to get the gift to him...I have come to the conclusion that he does not need or want it. Man, TM's a real nice guy you know. So, I have decided to honor my commitment to all participants and have issued a full refund to all donors. The Gofundme campaign is now closed.

Get back on those skis quick TM!

Have fun guys!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks "B".....All the well wishes have been a help....Yesterday was my first workout and it lasted about an hour and a half of slow cc and a couple of steep and deep drops.....The 109's went up quite well with a slight adjustment on angle...A little lower angle and all was well...My first serious down was good...Starting at the top skied down the low angle in my up tracks...Skis liked that...as the slope increased shot out of the up trail into 2 feet of serious powder and the skis sliced easily with just a small amount of pressure.....Shot over a rounded ledge and was in the steeps....Snow really blew up and the arcs felt really good....Big grin!....Went up again...( a small ridge) and hit the moderate side and where steeper got to do some turns....Ob the easy out saw some 16 foot ledges were now rounded....Very rare does that happen.....in fact that might be a first.....Probably go back today and get some fresh air then hassle the Sugar boys and girls and get to taste that stuff they made a couple days back....Non commercial is wicked good!...TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:09 pm

The Mansfield stake is at 120+ inches....10 feet deep @ 4000 feet. What's the record? 143" I think? 1 or 2 good storms would do it, the next week looks quiet though

*edit - hmmm, also 60" currently at Crawford Notch - AMC Hghland center, the highest I've seen in many years, it's usually shadowed pretty badly by the Presis
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 am

Going to be an interesting melt off....We got so much snow in November the ground never froze....Wonder what that will do to the pack?....Tasted the first boil and man was it ever good....Pretty classic sugar place....Falling in sugar shack....wood fired....Cloth and paper filters and about half and half for buckets and tubing....Kids have a blast and do they get off on drinking warm syrup.....(Parents want to kill us as they have to deal with then later)....But the children all get on the wagon and help collect....Great Spring fling....TM