Seeking Advice on NTN

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Seeking Advice on NTN

Post by Woodserson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Jesus, I thought you died, man. For real- I went looking for obits. When I didn't find any I figured you wanted to stay low and left it at that.

Harris

Post by Harris » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:19 pm

One thing I should also mention is that, and this is just an opinion, a duckbill/cable setup is preferable to NTN in deep powder. This may be more profound here skiing the northern cascades where "great powder" is a bottomless version of the perfect snowball making snow. In fact if you squeeze it into a snowball water pours out between your fingers and you could seriously hurt someone hucking a ball at them. Heavy, heavy watery stuff. And in that stuff, you just don't get the tip dive with the trailing ski with a softer duckbill/cable setup than you do with any NTN setup. I feel so strongly about that that I've kept AXL bindings on my K2 Pinnacle fat boards. I use my NTN strictly for normal day frontside/sidecountry outings.
Last edited by Harris on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harris

Post by Harris » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Woodserson wrote:Jesus, I thought you died, man. For real- I went looking for obits. When I didn't find any I figured you wanted to stay low and left it at that.
No man, I've just been doing so much alpine skiing for the first part of the season that my tele skis needed dusting off. It is really your fault: you turned me on to the Atomic Vantage's, which came mounted alpine, and I just have been having a blast on them. Ha, ha, ha...