JoHnNy’s CorNeR

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: JoHnNy’s CorNeR

Post by Raventele » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:50 am

Hypocrite Johnny wrote:So all your peace, love, tolerance and free speech is just a bunch of crap you say to pick up chicks then eh? I noticed not only did you erase every single post from Tips on a board but he's no longer in the registered members list. Nice work on being even handed and consistent. Hypocrite much?
^^^^ HAHAHAHA.. Gee I wonder whose puppet we have here ? Your confusion
lies in the conflation of Free Speech" with "Hate Speech"..
Seems to me that LJ has been quite even-handed in that
he removed pretty much every post or thread that may have
crossed that line of difference.. Capiche ??
Last edited by Raventele on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 am

LoveJohnny wrote:I don't care much about cables unless I plan to ski very cruddy stuff... (Why would anyone do that?!? 8-) )

I still use cables on that pair cause I still haven't found a solution to the Alaskas duckbills being too thin... All my new Voile bindings are useless without cables right now... I'll modify the bindings later this summer...
I am a dedicated cable guy on the XCD..When climbing or striding I just
latch the cables around the heel pieces and then when it's fairly
steep for down, I latch the cables back to my boots..I love the heel resistance
and lateral support of the springy cables..I can see how not using
the cables might improve one's technique and make using them
even better though..
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am

So what's up Johnny?

Well, after living in our van for a few months with nothing but a mattress and a cooler, the next logical step for us was obviously to buy a century-old 3 story castle. The ski season is coming soon so I had to be ready...

Ahhh...! The joy of a nice fireplace...
There's nothing better after a day of skiing than warming your bones beside the fire...
DSC_15858.jpg
Oh! There is something better than a open fire... A nice and warm bath in a cozy luxury bathroom, with some Enya music playing in the background... Ah! My legs feel better already...!
DSC_16253.jpg
But then you have to be ready for the next morning. That's why we need a nice and clean ski workshop, to get our skis ready for any kind of snow.
DSC_16257.jpg
Yeah, that's very cool Johnny, but what happened to the anarchist, anti-everything homeless ski-punk-who-can-live-with-only-5000$-a-year? You just gave in to the dark side or what? Well, the baby is coming in February and the wife was not crazy about giving birth in the van or directly on the slopes. So I had to make a move. I hate it already. I'm stuck with a mortgage again, insurance, taxes, utility bills and several other ball and chains. Even worse, I have to wake up early everyday to fix everything, remodeling this old house for a ski bum family. Not an easy task, especially when you don't have any money... Dust, dirt, crap, chemicals, broken tools, bruises, and way too much abuse of the F-word.

Ok ok that's cool Johnny, nice story. But what the hell does that have to do with skiing? Well, I was just looking at J.T. Robinson's Vertical Integration upcoming movie, and the synopsis goes like this:

V.I.'s own J.T. Robinson has vowed to have a big spring on skis this year after his whirlwind early winter of new fatherhood and home remodeling. So far it seems that idea is coming through for him pretty well.

Woooaaaaah! Similar story! Does that mean that I'll get to ski all those nice big mountains after I'm done with the house?!? I hope so!!!! (Yeah, keep on dreaming Johnny... Keep on dreaming...)

[video][/video]
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm cringing looking at those pictures. Nothing I hate more than house work :cry:

And yard work... ARGHHHHHH!

Next thing you know you'll be eating processed meat, drinking cheap beer and watching football (or Hockey seen as how you are north of the border). Oh the horror!

I love living off the grid. But I couldn't do it indefinitely. At least not with my wife. She'd kill me eventually.

Now that you have a house you'll have to settle for backpacking (or canoe tripping - that's far more popular in Canada) to get out into the wild.

That fireplace... you'll fix it... use it once, and never look at it again. I have one... I know.

You'll fix that bathroom and make it look all nice and your wife will clutter it up with shampoos, soaps and clothes all over the floor.

You'll clean out that basement and make a nice little workbench that will eventually get filled with shit you never want to deal with again and you can't pay people to take away from you.

How do I know? That is my life. Bought my first house 4 years ago and have been wishing for an apartment ever since. Have fun. Oh and guess what. You'll need a job!

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:20 am

Excellent potential for that place....Won't take much to get the fireplace working...Jeece Jonny by now the place is probably all ready....Suck it up!!!!!!! Just think of all the Telemark guests in those unused rooms!! Your castle could become tele central....TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 am

Ahahahahaha! So funny!! Couldn't agree more Mike!

I've done this before, having a house, having to fix everything. I felt so free and happy when we finally sold it. I can't believe I did it again. What's wrong with us?!?

I stopped drinking fine Scotch Whiskeys, I turned to gin, brandy and bourbon instead. But I don't think I could ever go back to cheap beer... You mentioned the word "Wife" two times in your reply... Could that be the source of all problems? :D

A JOB?!? How could I possibly have a job when I'm already working full time on this crumbling house?!?!? 8-)

There's not a lot of things I really need in this stupid physical world. But there is one thing I really CANNOT live without in the winter: A fireplace. I'm addicted, I NEED a nice and warm fire after every day of skiing. Seriously, I couldn't live without a fireplace.

You're right Teleman, we already have a guest room ready for anyone who wants to visit our shitty ski town and it's shitty mountains. We are thinking about maybe opening a Bed and Breakfast thing to help pay the mortgage. But hey, if any of you guys want to come ski around here, Telemark Talk members are always more than welcome...!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 am

Well you have to look forward to the good days I guess...

A nice roaring fire after a vigorous ski, your wife pouring you a nice single malt Scotch whiskey (or perhaps a Kentucky Bourbon?), and your kid asking you of tales of adventure from your past.

Oh if it only worked that way... my wife is pretty feminist. She actually has been making faces at this site since I can recall (the women in the background I think). I don't think she's ever poured me a drink in front of the fire. I have to get it myself.

Well I hope you never settle for cheap beer. No man, woman, or child should have to drink that seltzer water swill.

If you are still in Quebec, I'm sure you know of Unibroue. They make some fine beers, although I'm not all that keen on the Belgian style.

Maybe someday I'll wander back to Canada, it's been a while - and I don't have a passport. Last I went they weren't required.