JoHnNy’s CorNeR

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

JoHnNy’s CorNeR

Post by Johnny » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 am

Hey, so after sleeping in the car for weeks, we finally found a place to stay… Well, we still sleep in the car, but at least we now have a table and a gas stove. I know, it’s so cliché, a vegan telemark ski bum living off the grid in a trailer hidden in the middle of a mountain. Still no water but there’s a nice brook and a lake nearby to supply drinking water. Next stop civilization? Not sure…
DSC005031.jpg
I like weird people. I like people doing things in a different way. Isn’t that the main reason we all switched to tele?!? I like people with different points of view. I do like outcasts. I like sXe meth heads, I like creative ne’er-do-wells. I like freaks, I like retards. I love people living off the grid. I love ski bums and ski bummettes living in parking lots.

I still ski 180 days a year. I make funny jokes all the time, I make love to my beautiful wife every day. I ride my bike wherever I want. I hike to the top of a different mountain every day. I play guitar by the campfire every night and I wake up to the sound of birds singing every morning at 5am. Call it what you want, but I love it. I think most people are just afraid of living their dreams. Telemark is still my #1 passion, but I stopped worrying about bindings weight and vertical feet a long, long time ago. It’s all about fun now. You should give it a try…

PARKING LOT CULTURE
[video][/video]
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: JoHnNy’s CorNeR

Post by Raventele » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 pm

:D Image
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:42 am

Excellent Ron! Left Telesven off the grid for years....Just starting a solar business....The embodiment of under the radar new wave settler....pigs...chickens....goats....dogs...cats....awesome children...they run the forest wild....Telekid just got his first serious job...Almost became a professional tele ski bum....off the grid trying to get electricity....partially built house....garden....on the right...log cabin...gardens...landscape business...all making a living but pretty much free....Excellent sense of humor all...Telesven a wife who can do and does everything...Hidden away...shhhhh TM

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 pm

This looks like a nice place. Do you have the gps coordinates of the place (in case i ever drive by...)
I play guitar by the campfire every night
Does your guitar looks like this? :D
image.jpg

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 am

Holy moly!!! What is that, a Skitar?!? Awesome! Wooooah, I just happen to have a pair of broken Radicals... 8-)
In fact, I have several broken skis and several broken guitars... Just watch me! What about the world's first XCD TelemarkTalk-branded guitar? Got a couple of broken xcd skis to spare Teleman? :D

Gee, that one looks pretty cool too... Now the old skitard will start dreaming about skitars...!

Stop any time you want for a scotch Bri7... Here's the official map: (You will need it...)
e-map-650.jpg

1EyedJack
Ski style: On my butt

Post by 1EyedJack » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 pm

^^^^
Great map! Me likey.
You have a future as a Cartographer. F*** GPS.
"everybody's a genius" - albert einstein

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 am

Finally got internet back...! Cracking WPA2 connections is not an easy task... We'll move soon... It's getting too hot in there, and there's not enough space for decent ski tuning..!
IMG_11346.jpg
IMG_11161.jpg

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes! Voile 3pin Cables! :D
Heel retention and resistance can matter!
And waxless can be the best choice for XCD!
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Hypocrite Johnny

Post by Hypocrite Johnny » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 pm

So all your peace, love, tolerance and free speech is just a bunch of crap you say to pick up chicks then eh? I noticed not only did you erase every single post from Tips on a board but he's no longer in the registered members list. Nice work on being even handed and consistent. Hypocrite much?

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:03 am

I don't care much about cables unless I plan to ski very cruddy stuff... (Why would anyone do that?!? 8-) )

I still use cables on that pair cause I still haven't found a solution to the Alaskas duckbills being too thin... All my new Voile bindings are useless without cables right now... I'll modify the bindings later this summer...