Crispi EVO WC nonsense/frustrations

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Razza White
Ski style: Loose
Favorite Skis: Salomon 1080
Favorite boots: Merrell Super Comp

Crispi EVO WC nonsense/frustrations

Post by Razza White » Fri May 24, 2019 11:22 pm

Made the switch to NTN this year and ended up with a pair of this years Crispi EVO WC from Telemarkdown. After trying on a few sizes ended up in 28. The 28.5 felt like I was slipping into a vacuous black hole, not a good fit. Flexing the boot in the house, felt great, flexing in bindings in house still felt pretty damn good, first day on hill, forefoot/toe crushing nightmare. I'm using them with Outlaw X's, standard spring, typically on medium tension. I have tried them with the stiffy springs as well, didn't impact the problem. Also tried them with thicker Palau tongue liner, slightly better, but still mashes my foot any time my turn gets deep at all. I talked to Palau about a liner recommendation based on the problem and the guy insinuated that this problem was not uncommon, is this true Cripi lovers out there? It really feels like the boot flex is out of whack, wondering if this boot is defective or maybe my extremely normal foot is......Would appreciate any insight, solutions, sarcasm, boot science, riddles and anything else anyone has to offer.

Ricky

Re: Crispi EVO WC nonsense/frustrations

Post by Ricky » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I had a similar problem when T1s came out in the beginning, but 'trained' them to flex differently by putting stuff over my toes while bending low a few times. I've been considering the Crispi boots, and wondered if they were worse than Scarpas with regard to this problem.

Ziggy
Ski style: Touring, telemarking

Re: Crispi EVO WC nonsense/frustrations

Post by Ziggy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:10 am

Can only suggest you play around with various combinations of strap tension.

If that doesn't help remold the liners or get a pro to do it.
Cheers from Down Under