Traverse 78 Binding Recommendation

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
satsuma

Re: Traverse 78 Binding Recommendation

Post by satsuma » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm

This sounds more like xc skiing to me, not much different than what I do. I would find boots that fit first, if possible. The fit will make all the difference in the world.

I don't think you have any need for plastic boots, given the type of skiing you are talking about and the skis.

I think you would have more choices of boots with NNN-BC bindings, but unless you want relatively light boots (something like my Rossi BC-X6 boots, which I love!!), there should be a choice in 3 pin as well.

sparker1987

Re: Traverse 78 Binding Recommendation

Post by sparker1987 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:43 pm

satsuma wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm
This sounds more like xc skiing to me, not much different than what I do. I would find boots that fit first, if possible. The fit will make all the difference in the world.

I don't think you have any need for plastic boots, given the type of skiing you are talking about and the skis.

I think you would have more choices of boots with NNN-BC bindings, but unless you want relatively light boots (something like my Rossi BC-X6 boots, which I love!!), there should be a choice in 3 pin as well.
I went with Crispi Antarctic and Voile 3 pin cable for these skis based off Woodserson's and bgregoire's advice on the first page and then I got a fever to buy more things (and happened to have some cash set aside).

I found a pair of Epochs on Craigslist for cheap also with the Voile 3-pin cable (and a pair of boots I'll likely post up in the turnaround section next week) and I found a pair of clearance Fischer BCX5 NNN-BC to use with my super old trak outland rock skis.

Been a slow work day so I've also been contemplating a new or lightly used skinnier ski similar to the outland I have (65/55/60)