Rossignol new BC skis... hum...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Rossignol new BC skis... hum...

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:31 am

I went to my local shop in Quebec... I wanted to see the new BC80, BC100 and BC120. Boy was I dissatisfied; I read somewhere that the camber was supposed to be «alpine». This is only true for the 120, which is consistent with the earlier version. For the BC80 (comparing to the BC90), they gave it less sidecut with an equally strong camber, with a little rocker (good); probably good for someone who carries a pack—not for me. At least, the design is more specific... The BC100; a little less sidecut, some rocker too, with a still strong camber... The BC120 seems like a heavier copy (need to check further) of the Seek 7. The BC120 is probably the one that offers significant interest. All in all, I think Rossi made them a little better, less frankensteinish (BC70, 90, 110)... But they could have gone little further, specially concerning the camber of the BC100...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique