Asnes quiver of two

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Danylewich
Ski style: XC, BC, XCD, Alpine Touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes FT62
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska

Re: Asnes quiver of two

Post by Danylewich » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm

@lilcliffy Thanks for your feedback. Just got the FT62. Now thinking about Gamme 54 versus Borge Ousland. I think I might like to use the narrower ski a fair bit in tracks, so leaning to Ousland. Does anyone know anything about Ousland first hand yet? @lilcliffy I see from another post you got the new white Gamme 54 and it is lighter, but I think dimensions are the same? I.e. might be a bit scraping in tracks? Thanks, David

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm

I have the Gamme 54, yes the shovel scrapes the tracks and it can get the annoying for many miles. It takes more effort and it takes away your speed. I just don't use it in tracks, I ski to the side now. BUT it is an amazing ski, it is THE SKI in this class. That being said, I am very tempted by the Ouslands as a track/BC ski (especially for a tour in the Jura which has so much track skiing over miles it boggles the mind, but also ample BC opportunities) but for anything, anything, that doesn't require miles of tracks... GAMME.

You have to ask yourself what you're going to be doing most of the time, not 10% of the time, and go with that one.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:08 am

Danylewich wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm
@lilcliffy Thanks for your feedback. Just got the FT62. Now thinking about Gamme 54 versus Borge Ousland. I think I might like to use the narrower ski a fair bit in tracks, so leaning to Ousland. Does anyone know anything about Ousland first hand yet? @lilcliffy I see from another post you got the new white Gamme 54 and it is lighter, but I think dimensions are the same? I.e. might be a bit scraping in tracks? Thanks, David
I echo Woodserson's last post-
For me- the Gamme is too wide and stiff in the tip for use as a dedicated Classic track ski...

The new updated Gamme has the exact same dimensions as the previous model- and it remains a very stiff ski.
I have not tried the new model yet (flurries at our place this morning!!!)- but I am very impressed- my impression is that it is everything the previous model was, but significantly lighter.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

SkiLaronLee
Ski style: All
Favorite Skis: Rossignol classic cross country skis
Favorite boots: Madshus nnn

Post by SkiLaronLee » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:41 pm

I am wondering which 2 skis you chose and how you liked that choice now that it’s a few years down the trail.

Cheers, Laron

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:16 pm

@SkiLaronLee I still have a Gamme, have a Falketind Xplore, I also still have the Tindan 86 for more serious downhill touring.
I still need at least 3.
If I could justify it’s use I would buy a 205 cm Nansen for a turnier trail ski. Yes, I can turn Gamme, and my trails are twisty. I would buy the Nansen to drop a knee on just about every downhill turn, especially where I don’t need to turn, I just want to.