Man tries to screw XCD skis to fence for hanging hot tub towels

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
paulk

Man tries to screw XCD skis to fence for hanging hot tub towels

Post by paulk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 pm

BREAKING: An Albuquerque man on Facebook Marketplace yesterday claimed to see no future for a pair of Karhu XCD-GT's in 210cm. In a recent post, the man said he "pulled" the NNN-BC bindings from the skis before putting them up for local pick up.

"Sadly, I don't think anyone wants them anymore," the man said. "I don't think "Vintage" tele is a thing."

Immediately, XCD enthusiasts flooded the man's post with comments pertaining to the free pair of skis. One gentleman claimed he skied the same pair with leathers in the 80's in Breckenridge CO. Other XCD respondents tried to convince the man to refrain from destroying the skis in the hot Albuquerque sun. We're following this story closely at 11.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 199488175/

oldschool47

Re: Man tries to screw XCD skis to fence for hanging hot tub towels

Post by oldschool47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Cool skis. The Gig. Throw a pair of 1977 red N77s on the Karhus. Go to Heavenly. Put on your Dirty Harry shades. Put in your throw-away ear plugs and put on your black 1970s Hotfingers. No helmet or hat.

Go to Gunbarrel. Ski from top to bottom with 1 rest-stop in the middle. Do your best Nelson Carmichael imitation. The dweebs on the hill with their helmets and short funny-shaped skis will have feelings of admiration tinged with jealousy as they watch you ski past.

When you get to the 3rd to the last mogul, pop a daffy with tips 3 feet above the snow. Any chick on the hill, on the chair lift, at the base, or at the lodge who is watching your "exhibition" is weak in the knees. She is yours for the evening.

paulk

Post by paulk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:14 pm

yeah, mine for the evening

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Just for the evening? I mean, I prefer to have em all the time close by... I mean... my skis...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique