When do people find time to ski??

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
FourthCoast
Ski style: 40-Year-Old Poser

Re: When do people find time to ski??

Post by FourthCoast » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:54 am

bobbytooslow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:48 pm
[...] (Scarpa F1's are easy to drive in, even a manual).[...]
I would like to know if I got this right. When I search for Scarpa F1's I find an alpine touring boot. I expect that maybe this was as typo and that you telemark in Scarpa T1's.

Do you drive a car wearing your Scarpa T1's?

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 am

I used to drive in my T2s, they needed to be in walk mode or I couldn't go over 40 mph. My T4s drive fine even in ski mode. I've also been known to drive with my pack on, by reclining the seat back. It really cuts down on the fumbling around at the trailhead. It will impress your friends, especially if you have your helmet and goggles on.

FourthCoast
Ski style: 40-Year-Old Poser

Post by FourthCoast » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:59 am

Getting boots on and off in the parking lot is a PITA. I might give it a go. Thanks.

Andy M

Post by Andy M » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am

FourthCoast wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:54 am
bobbytooslow wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:48 pm
[...] (Scarpa F1's are easy to drive in, even a manual).[...]
I would like to know if I got this right. When I search for Scarpa F1's I find an alpine touring boot. I expect that maybe this was as typo and that you telemark in Scarpa T1's.

Do you drive a car wearing your Scarpa T1's?
He's talking about the old Scarpa F1, which is an AT boot (like the newer version you probably found online), but it has a bellows that allows it to be used for tele with the TTS binding.

By the way, I've tried driving just a short way with T1s, and it is not recommended, especially with a clutch :!:

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am

FourthCoast wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:59 am
Getting boots on and off in the parking lot is a PITA. I might give it a go. Thanks.
A little disclaimer Fourthcoast. I only do it for my local trailheads that are between 3 blocks and three miles away.

bobbytooslow

Post by bobbytooslow » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Andy M wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 am
He's talking about the old Scarpa F1, which is an AT boot (like the newer version you probably found online), but it has a bellows that allows it to be used for tele with the TTS binding.
Bingo. They're no harder to drive in than big snow boots.