- XCD Enthusiast
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 pm
- Location: Smithers, b.c.
- Ski style: Back country, bush bashing, hills and mountain
- Favorite Skis: Fischer sbound 98
- Favorite boots: Salomon xadv8
- Occupation: Ski during fall, winter, spring. Hike and kayak when skiing is not possible
I have been skiing on Salomon xadv8 boots for the past seven years and they are finally giving up the ghost. If I could get the same boot I would be happy as happy can be. But they have quit making them. My question is, which of the Alfa boots would most closely match the Salomon? I have been reading up on the Kikut and the advance but not sure which would be the most adequate and do not have the pleasure of doing a touchy-feely test due to where we live. So any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated. May the snow fall long and dry wherever you are.