Alpina Alaska real, real bad sizing...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Alpina Alaska real, real bad sizing...

Post by bgregoire » Tue May 26, 2020 11:14 pm

Well, lo and behold, I received my FULL LaCordee order today. I had decided not to contact LaCordee nor my bank when I got spooked into considering the hoax theory. I'm glad a didn't. Faith.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Nitram Tocrut
Ski style: Backyard XC skiing if that is a thing
Favorite Skis: Sverdrup and MT51
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska NNNBC

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed May 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Who bought the SKINs? There were two left, a 180 &210. I went to pull the trigger and they were gone.

Literally I lost them by a few hrs
Hey Woods!

Consider yourself lucky. Those were two odd skins of different sizes and it’s Rodbelsn who ordered them to fit with his Alpina boots :)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:51 am

Jeece......Telepole got my latest and greatest boots from a barn.....They were in back.....in a box....2 bucks....Asolo Snowfield.....Get all my boots in stray places.....See them....buy them.....Two snowfields and a Merril no name.....and a brown double buckle Rossi??? and a totally beat double buckle Northrim....for when I need to come around...(Andrews)....Kinda like a brown boot and a black one to match....lightens up my attitude....TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Man, I am so glad you have received your order... What a relief bro!

LaCordee owes 22 million dollars to honest people. Honest people and families everywhere around the world are losing money because of them. Including more than 50 local family-owned businesses from Quebec. Some of them already went bankrupt. Not to mention our friends from Norway who probably lost six-figure sales too. Your stupid laws protect them so they can legally get away with it as if nothing happened.

But pheeeew! YOU got your little order! Other people in other countries can go to hell, people can lose their jobs, whole families can starve, who gives a fuck? (as long as it's not our families of course...)

You can play with words if it amuses you, call it legitimate business according to your chapter 11 and your other legal corporate bullshit, be happy in your living room playing with the nice toys you got for a steal (which is exactly what it is) and enjoy your shopping victory, but no matter how good you defend your view and actions, selling goods you did NOT pay for in the first place is pure thievery. A hoax, a trickery... Stealing money in such a brilliant disguise that even telemarkers can't see... Blinded by the 70% discount... 

And you know what? Man, it works!!! (As it seems that everyone here sadly fell into the trap...) :(
voleursdenature.jpg

EDIT: This is all very sad... I liked it better when it was Le Yeti... I hope the nice guys on St-Laurent can find a way out of this when it will crash and perhaps go back to a "boutique" store again... I wish them good luck...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Danylewich
Ski style: XC, BC, XCD, Alpine Touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes FT62
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska

Post by Danylewich » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:59 am

If La Cordee is not in business for long, where will fellow Canadians get their Asnes skis going forward? I've ordered three pairs from La Cordee in the prior three years and they were great. What to do now for Asnes skis?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Norseman in Calgary sells Asnes.

Chick Maldonado

Post by Chick Maldonado » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks - I'll stay clear of La Cordee.