Mounted my own bindings today - looking for an attaboy

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
colbymck

Mounted my own bindings today - looking for an attaboy

Post by colbymck » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:36 pm

Hello all, new to XC this year and just mounted up my rottefella magnums on a set of Madshus Eon Wax. I used to mount alpine bindings in a ski shop 10+ years ago and would never dream of mounting with a paper jig, but after reading that most XC/tele folk take pride in mounting their own bindings, I thought I would go for it, as scary as it was.

It went... alright! One heel plate is slightly off centered (I think the screw went in a little off kilter) but nothing drastic. I followed Madshus’ recommended mounting point based on my boot size (43) which is pin line about 1.5cm forward of the BP. I assume their intention is to help the ski tip rise when it’s lifted. Now just waiting for some snow in central MT. Looking to explore our plethora of fire roads and ATV trails in the Little Belt Mountains. Thanks to all in this forum for providing such a wealth of knowledge for this little niche corner of skiing.
E3AC917E-8181-4182-AE6D-416549B10E52.jpeg
F1B7A269-6B3D-4B9B-A7D9-85494049A8DD.jpeg

Tom M
Ski style: Skate on Groomed, XCD Off, Backcountry Tele
Favorite Skis: Fischer S-Bound 98 Off Trail, Voile V6 BC for Tele
Favorite boots: Currently skiing Alfa Vista, Alfa Free, Scarpa T2
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCam0VG ... shelf_id=1

Re: Mounted my own bindings today - looking for an attaboy

Post by Tom M » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Hate to tell you this, but you put the left binding on the right ski. :) Just kidding, great job. Looks like they are ready. Time for a snow dance.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:37 am

'Ya done good!

t-$

Post by t-$ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 am

oh man! lookin good! reminds me of me a couple winters back :) enjoy the crap outofem