Solid yet economical NNN-BC boot, Rossignol BC X10

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
DPO777
Ski style: Cross Country, BackCountry, Out the back door Country
Favorite Skis: Karhu XCD GTs, refurbished wood top unknown skis from the 80s bought during an Alberta Snowmageddon
Favorite boots: Made in Italy 75 mil 3-Pin Alico leather boots. Put to rest Crispi leather boots.
Occupation: Retired now upgrading older ski stuff to more modern technology

Re: Solid yet economical NNN-BC boot, Rossignol BC X10

Post by DPO777 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:29 pm
This is, for some reason, "boot-quest-year" and I picked up a pair of Rossignol BC X10's from Campsaver. I have the previous iteration of this boot from several years ago and it's been a solid choice for lower angle stuff when the Alaska is overkill. My older boots are getting long in the tooth so I pulled the trigger to have the boot in reserve if this whole Alfa thing doesn't work out for me, which so far, is a real possibility.

Rossi upgraded the X10 and it's even more legit. It still weighs exactly the same as the old boot (size 47), 972grams, versus the Alfa Skarvet at 930grams and the Alaska at 1107grams.

The boot is constructed with an outer zip-up liner and an inner bootie with an exoskeleton ankle support. The older version inner boot used to have a quick pull string that would slowly release if the skier didn't tie a knot above the lock, and the laces did not go up the ankle. For the new boot, Rossi added a real lace, which has speed tightening properties, and then two loops up the ankle. The exoskeleton was reworked a little bit too. The whole boot flexes forward easily, and is a touch stiffer laterally than the older style boot. The gaiter loop remains. The heel cup seems to be a bit more capturing of the heel than the old version too. The toebox remains the same, slightly larger than the Alaska, but less than the Alfa's.

Anyway, we can go deep in the weeds on this forum with expensive gear, I really love tweaking my higher end skis and boots like anyone, but this is a sweet capable boot at a good price (do some hunting). Pair this boot up with a Traverse 78 or E99 and you've got a kickass set-up.

IMG_20201029_122019.jpg
Wow your little review got me thinking that I should just get something on sale and wait for the big deal find on leathers then pounce.

Just picked up these his & hers pairs of Rossi X10 on clearance for $120 CAD each. They were $299, then $235, then $179 on an online sale price. I called the store this morning to confirm they had a 38 & 45 in stock. Confirmed one of each size left. Nice guy said I just brought them to the basement storage and if your driving up to pick up you can have them for $120 final sale.

I said put them on hold, will see you in two hours and hung up.

Was a two hour drive through north country to try them for fit and then buy them, but a good ride through Muskoka so worth the drive.

rossi x10.jpg
rossi x10 pair.jpg

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Solid yet economical NNN-BC boot, Rossignol BC X10

Post by Woodserson » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 am

DPO777 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:00 pm
Wow your little review got me thinking that I should just get something on sale and wait for the big deal find on leathers then pounce.

Just picked up these his & hers pairs of Rossi X10 on clearance for $120 CAD each. They were $299, then $235, then $179 on an online sale price. I called the store this morning to confirm they had a 38 & 45 in stock. Confirmed one of each size left. Nice guy said I just brought them to the basement storage and if your driving up to pick up you can have them for $120 final sale.

I said put them on hold, will see you in two hours and hung up.

Was a two hour drive through north country to try them for fit and then buy them, but a good ride through Muskoka so worth the drive.

rossi x10.jpg

rossi x10 pair.jpg
This is exactly how to play this boot. Nice deal! Hope you enjoy!