A Lonely Bear in Eastern Canada...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: A Lonely Bear in Eastern Canada...

Post by Johnny » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:03 am

lowangle al wrote:Hey Johnny what are those U shaped things hanging from the bindings? and are they allowed? :D
Ahahahah! I think they are called "leashes" or something... To prevent your skis from falling if something happens... Seriously, I ran out of NNN bindings, time for shopping again... 8-)

Canna, I love them so much... Exactly what I was looking for... If only they could make the same ski today, but with a 14m radius... I would buy them by the dozen...!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: A Lonely Bear in Eastern Canada...

Post by lowangle al » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am

Oh yeh, nnn, those are the bindings with built in springs and bumpers to make them ski like a binding with a cable. Unfortunately I never got to try them because I couldn't find a boot to fit.

I think those old straight skis make smoother turns than a highly shaped ski. When ever I switch from a straight to a shaped ski I feel a"hookyness" and a tendency for the ski to overturn for the first few turns.