Waxless ski wax

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Teleman

Re: Waxless ski wax

Post by Teleman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:02 am

We use it lots on tips and tails.....Makes the bones go up much better.... TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:I use Swix Easyglide when I'm too lazy to hot wax... (Most of the time)
Just because it's the easiest one to get here... They make a spray version but a bit too expensive for me...

But I usually hot wax them with (whatever brand I can find locally) yellow wax a few times a year...

I've switched over to this - non-fluoronated version as shown. Best stuff I've used so far.

It seems to last longer than maxi-glide from what I've observed so far.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am

I cork swix polar hard wax on all my skis. I even put a little on the scales of my vector bcs. Real light then I rubbed it in with my hand. I don't know if it helped but it didn't hurt.

I put swix F4 on them last year and I must not have done it right because it slowed them way down and I couldn't keep up with my wife who was on the same ski.

satsuma

Post by satsuma » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:11 pm

I prefer Maxiglide Quick Wax or Maxx Wax when I can get it. These are paste waxes.

anrothar

Post by anrothar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Swix F4 has worked well for me. I buff it in really well with the felt pad though. I have these tiny, red two finger nylon brushes that we use to clean it out of the fishscales. I get them at the local supermarket, but have seen them at ski shops for twice the price.

NTN Mike

Post by NTN Mike » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:17 pm

This.

If you've used it, you know it works.

http://www.omcgear.com/vauhti-quick-hf- ... aQod5_wIfw